Over Complicated?
MarkTaunton Wrote:Ooooo who's a grumpy bastard today then lol

It doesn't require a 5 years university course. It's not brain surgery. Probably it doesn't take more than 30 minutes education and that's the worst case.

My wife is not tech savvy by any means, but still, education wasn't required AT ALL other than how she finds the (hidden) side menus.
nothing grumpy about that. but i honestly think that dumbing shit down so your family can use it is the same as calling your family stupid. i for one would be deeply offended. apple can keep that strategy to themself.
Teach them how to change views... that way if they accidentaly change them they can also set them back. Big Grin

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Hitcher Wrote:Nate, have you forgotten we now have the Info first option?

I've forgotten so thoroughly that I never even realized that we had that option. Fun. Smile
natethomas Wrote:I've forgotten so thoroughly that I never even realized that we had that option. Fun. Smile

I was actually wondering if this was a setting that a skin to force "on" as default. The way Paper Street is coming along, I think that its preferable to go to the info screen before playing just because it fits the flow of the skin.
MarkTaunton Wrote:Apologies for not being clearer, but did had a few to drink before posting this Wink

I suppose that I mean that skins are sometimes too technical, even the simple ones, you need to know what keystrokes you have to press to watch a trailer.

You press i for information, but then you have to choose if you want to see the cast, view the trailer etc etc.

Wouldn't be a lot easier in respects if a skin like Zune was created, where it could handle all the information on one page, play an automatic trailer if available and give cast details, movie details all in one go.

It's cool, I was also wasted.

I don't understand your "need to know the keystrokes" argument. If you use a keyboard to control any media center you'd need to know the keystrokes. XBMC is compatible with many different remotes - just use one of those.

I like the Zune "skin" too, but I fear that it would be too similar to other XBMC skins if it were to be created. There's a bunch of pretty similar ones already.\
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Over Complicated?0