Broken Movie Audio Menu in All AEONs?
As first reported in the MQ-2 thread, I have verified that with XBMC RC1 and MQ-2 2.1.1, Aeon65, and Aeon Showmix Evolution, the audio settings menu during movie playback (watch movie, press enter, highlight audio icon, press enter) is broken. In RapierQualar 4.4 it works fine. All skins worked fine in beta4.

MQ-2 - beta 4 (working)

Aeon64 - RC1 (broken)

MQ-2 -RC1 (broken)

Showmix Evolution - RC1 (broken)

RapierQualar - RC1 (working)
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
I've already posted this in the AeonMQ thread but will post it here also:

For workaround change in the VideOSDSettings.xml the following:
Code:
<defaultcontrol>5</defaultcontrol>
Then press down or up in the osdaudio menu to see the list bar.
Big_Noid Wrote:For workaround change in the VideOSDSettings.xml the following:
Code:
<defaultcontrol>5</defaultcontrol>

Yes, that's the trick. I just wanted all the Aeon skinners to know of this bug. Thanks.
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
awesome guys, i actually asked about this bug in the IRC channel few days ago.. will have to give it a shot tonight
Hi guys

I'm using RC1 and Aeon MQ2, and I've tried the fix above, and it doesn't seem to work for me Sad

When I opened up VideOSDSettings.xml it already said "<defaultcontrol>5</defaultcontrol>" ..

Can't access sound / subtitle menu while playing a .mkv movie (HD) .. works fine with like .avi files with sound ind .mp3

Any clues ?
My first thought is that you might be in the wrong skin folder. I think my MQ-2 had the setting set to 2 or 3. When I changed it to 5 and launched xbmc, all was fixed.
You nailed the problem curtis-r ! Smile

I just did a windows search for VideoOSDSettings.xml in the XBMC folder, and it only came up with one single file - but I didn't see that it was for the default skin instead of Aeon MQ-2. Wierd that it only came up with one file.

I've installed MQ-2 via .zip file, and to my surprise there was no folder in the add-ons folder called skin.AeonMQ-2. So I uninstalled it in XBMC, put it manually in the add-on folder, edited the VideoOSDSettings.xml file (You were right, the value was 2) - fired up XBMC and it was a win!

Thanks a lot !
curtis-r Wrote:Yes, that's the trick. I just wanted all the Aeon skinners to know of this bug. Thanks.

I can confirm both the bug and the workaround, many thanks for the info!
Using "5" isn't a full fix. For the most part it is. I know most do not really need the volume control on that menu. But with the "5" there you cannot access it.
Main - Intel E6750 C2D (2.66ghz)/Geforce 240
Bedroom - Intel E3300 C2D (2.5ghz)/Geforce 210
Guest Bedroom - Acer Revo 1600/ION LE
Test Desktop - Intel Q9300 C2Q (2.5ghz)/Geforce 9600 GSO
SlaveUnit Wrote:Using "5" isn't a full fix. For the most part it is. I know most do not really need the volume control on that menu. But with the "5" there you cannot access it.

You could ask who wants to use volume control in spdif out mode, since it's pretty much useless. If it's there is nothing to pass through you can still use the volume control.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Broken Movie Audio Menu in All AEONs?0