tablet suggestion
Someone has put together an alternative version of the application that scales better to larger screens. You need to uninstall the existing version unfortunately though, but it works well on my Galaxy Tab.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=878016
thanks stevenz, will try to make it go upstream.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
just a thought about the tablet. for anyone using it purely as a remote control. id suggest getting one of the 7" or smaller tablets. I am returning my 8" because; well because it stopped working, but also because it was just a bit big.
plus 7" still fits in my pocket Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Just to throw another Tablet option, I've been using the XBMC Android remote on my Pandigital Novel. It's a 7" tablet that is sold as an eReader at Bed Bath and Beyond.

http://www.pandigital.net/android

It can be flashed to a stock Android 2.0 platform. XBMC Remote works great on it. Make sure you buy a white one, the black one's are not as good internally.

For more info on the NOvel, and it's hacking see here.

It's even better because if your lucky, you can get one at Kohls on clearance fro $60. I bought two of them a couple of weeks ago. For $60, it's so much cooler than any Harmony remote.

Looks like a lot of bang for the bucks. Any obvious catches?
Can any of you post a screenshot of your tablet with the XBMC remote running? I am curious to see since I do not think there are any special layouts being used for tablet. It will basically be an inflated version of the regular Android app. Which makes me wonder why I would care to run it on a tablet as opposed to my phone.
bmcclure937 Wrote:Can any of you post a screenshot of your tablet with the XBMC remote running? I am curious to see since I do not think there are any special layouts being used for tablet. It will basically be an inflated version of the regular Android app. Which makes me wonder why I would care to run it on a tablet as opposed to my phone.

working on it as we speak...
freezy Wrote:Looks like a lot of bang for the bucks. Any obvious catches?

The touch screen is a little "numb" feeling. And it's a pain to get higher than 2.0 installed on it. There's no Google Market support without some odd voodoo, and getting anything higher than 2.0 installed is more luck than skill at this point. I use it as a decent ereader, and mobile web browser around the house.

The "Google Experience" (Gmail, Gchat, Maps, all the stuff linked to a Google account) can be added, but it can casue slow downs.
@estrada42: Doesn't sound too bad for 60 bucks.

@all: Tablet users check out this build here:

The remote control should now resize correctly. Also if you have a non-tablet phone with a weird resolution let me know if this still displays okay.
freezy Wrote:@estrada42: Doesn't sound too bad for 60 bucks.

Regular Android remote is sized just fine on mine. Also has a functioning landscape feature that works great. Wide TV show banners Look really good.

When you consider I bought this EXCLUSIVELY for XBMC Android Remote, its so much cooler than the $100+ Harmony remotes. Not being able to control my TV or stereo is a small price to pay for seeing someone freak out when I hand them the tablet and say "Find something to watch, it's a touchscreen."
freezy Wrote:@estrada42: Doesn't sound too bad for 60 bucks.

@all: Tablet users check out this build here:

The remote control should now resize correctly. Also if you have a non-tablet phone with a weird resolution let me know if this still displays okay.

Great improvement to the remote control. It seems to scale correctly on my Archos 10" tablet (froyo).

It would also be awesome if you could make the TV Shows and the Now Playing sections rotate when i flip my tablet sideways (landscape mode). It doesn't seem to be an issue with any of the other sections.

It's not a huge problem, just annoying. Just want to know if it's on your to do list!
Speaking of the galaxy tab, until we have an xbmc port, I would love to see the xbmc remote fill& fit the screen which currently is too big for the remote Smile
I've got an Archos 10.1" with a 1024x600 (WXVGA) screen too. Same problem with Now Playing screen. Can this be fixed as well please?
AussieFries Wrote:I've got an Archos 10.1" with a 1024x600 (WXVGA) screen too. Same problem with Now Playing screen. Can this be fixed as well please?

Thanks, I'm aware of the Now Playing screen. So basically you're saying that the remote control works ok on WXVGA?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tablet suggestion0