tablet suggestion
I have a SGT 10.1 and installed v0.8.6-beta1 r768

Almost everything works, but I noticed a few things

1. Now playing crashes the remote
2. Album thumbs are sometimes small, sometimes large
3. When I go to TV Shows, the screen forces portrait mode and the banners go outside of the screen on the right side.

I will make a log dump from the crash tonight.
Linux Mint x64
Intel Core i5
8 GB DDR3
NVidia 8800 GT

Mediacenter:
Zotac ZBOX HD ID40
2 GB DDR2
NVidia GT218 ION
XBMCbuntu Eden
I got my issue with TV show banners on the nook color fixed. Had to make sure the tablet was in portrait mode when i created the banners and it worked.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
TeriiK Wrote:How is the Remote App performing at that high of a resolution?

I installed it on my new Galaxy Tab 10.1, and it doesn't scale correctly. TV Show banners stretch off the side of the screen, the resolution on buttons isn't very good (somewhat pixelated).

Still needs some work. It crashes consistantly no my tab as well when downloading covers.
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
I'm also experiencing the scaling issue with the TV banners stretching off the right side of the screen on my TouchPad running CM7.1. Also the remote view is stretched and pixelated.
Hi, I'm in the market to pick up a tablet primarily for being an XBMC remote, running the android app. I have a couple of questions, would this tablet do:
http://www.ebuyer.com/287638-scroll-esse...t-pc-53511

Is there a better choice? ideally it would be also used for youtube, internet broswing etc so I don't want the worst, but I don't want to pay too much. Is the Nook color the best option?

Thanks
charlie0440 Wrote:Hi, I'm in the market to pick up a tablet primarily for being an XBMC remote, running the android app. I have a couple of questions, would this tablet do:
http://www.ebuyer.com/287638-scroll-esse...t-pc-53511

Is there a better choice? ideally it would be also used for youtube, internet broswing etc so I don't want the worst, but I don't want to pay too much. Is the Nook color the best option?

Thanks

I wouldn't recommend buying a tablet with a resistive touch screen.

The XBMC Remote for Android requires you to scroll (through your movies, music, etc.) which is annoying if you have a resistive screen as you have to "press" it. If you don't press hard enough, you will have to repeat the action.

Please get one with a capacitive screen
i set up my mediacenter too the next time.

at this point have 2 tv´s and pay tv (sky)

in the new year i put up a small server with a tv-karte and set up my 2 tv´s with it.

i don´t want to have a big remote for it so i chose this one:

http://www.archos.com/products/ta/archos...de&lang=de

got a 5 inch display with a 500gb hdd.in germany you pay about 160 euro for this when it´s new.
used it is much cheaper.and for me it´s not to big and i can do anything what i want

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tablet suggestion0