Best hardware for XBMC?
What is the most recommended/stable platform for XBMC?

What will be the best hardware combination (GPU, CPU, Mainboard, SSD..) for a complete and smooth experience with XBMC?

(i am interested in special of players that act as clients for a NAS)

Thanks'
Any atom/ion combo with 2gb ram will be fine. Find a passive one if you can. A 16gb ssd is plenty as well.
mr.sparkle Wrote:Any atom/ion combo with 2gb ram will be fine. Find a passive one if you can. A 16gb ssd is plenty as well.

How important is the video card and the idea that Intel cannot play smoothly some of the video formats (because of video codecs)
- as codecs i am using only the one existing in the XBMC installing package (is it enough?)
bogdandr Wrote:What is the most recommended/stable platform for XBMC?

Intel + Nvidia + Linux

Of the three the most important one is Nvidia. As long as you have a decent Nvidia GPU even a Pentium 3 can play 1080p.

For HTPC frontends nothing is going to beat an ION box plus a SSD OS drive.

bogdandr Wrote:How important is the video card and the idea that Intel cannot play smoothly some of the video formats (because of video codecs)
- as codecs i am using only the one existing in the XBMC installing package (is it enough?)

XBMC is based on FFMPEG, which has all its codecs built in. If it doesn't play something almost no other program can.

The GPU is everything. Intel GPUs for example are complete junk. Get something with Nvidia.

poofyhairguy Wrote:Intel + Nvidia + Linux

Of the three the most important one is Nvidia. As long as you have a decent Nvidia GPU even a Pentium 3 can play 1080p.

For HTPC frontends nothing is going to beat an ION box plus a SSD OS drive.

XBMC Live is ok in this case or I should use other linux + XBMC for linux?
bogdandr Wrote:XBMC Live is ok in this case or I should use other linux + XBMC for linux?

XBMC Live perfect!

Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best hardware for XBMC?0