[linux] vdpau deinterlacing problem
hello people

i just installed an xfx gt210 on my dual core celeron 3300 running ubuntu lucid 64bit

i set up nvidia drivers using standard ubuntu repos, i got installed a 195 version

the decoding works pretty good, but not perfect as it did with software decoding.. i get the ocational block from time to time.. i can deal with that.

the problem i have is the deinterlacing, when i set it to auto, it drops frames at intervals of 1 second or so.. 4 or 5 frames, temporal and temporal/spatial works with no problems but the results are rather bad. if i set to vdpau temporal or vdpau temporal/spatial the deinterlacing looks really nice, but the video drops frames at regular intervals too.. 9 to 10 frames each drop.

i dont know if its a sync problem, or a driver problem, or refresh problem.. im kinda stuck... i nvidia website drivers (260.something), does the same, with the adition that i only get 50 and 51 hz refresh ratio

any ideas what i can try ?

thanks in advace
Juanjo
Philips 32PFL6606D
Intel N3150 fanless + 4Gb DDR3 + SSD 64Gb + 3TB+3TB WD RED
Hama MCE remote.
Ubuntu 18.04 minimal install + KODI
Start by turning off desktop effects in ubuntu.
how do i do that?
i have a minimal server install, and xbmclive on top of it. i dont think i have a desktop at all.
Philips 32PFL6606D
Hama MCE remote.
Ok then you probably don't have the composite extension running.
Just to make sure, you can add this to xorg.conf:
Code:
Section "Extensions"
    Option         "Composite" "Disable"
EndSection

To get correct refreshrates on nvidia, add this to the screen section in xorg.conf:
Code:
Option         "DynamicTwinView" "False"
Option         "FlatPanelProperties" "Scaling = Native"

Also, what resolution video are you trying to deinterlace? Most videocards aren't fast enough to do it at 1080i.
bobo1on1 Wrote:Also, what resolution video are you trying to deinterlace? Most videocards aren't fast enough to do it at 1080i.

hmm, its 1080 camcorded video, 60hz.. maybe thats the problem.. i have thought it coud be done with a gt210, silly me Sad
Philips 32PFL6606D
Hama MCE remote.
does the VDPAU support include de-interlacing? I know the DXVA2 support (under Windows) does not.
Juanjo Wrote:hmm, its 1080 camcorded video, 60hz.. maybe thats the problem.. i have thought it coud be done with a gt210, silly me Sad
It's still fast enough for bob deinterlace, it just can't handle the more advanced deinterlacers.
bsmith1051 Wrote:does the VDPAU support include de-interlacing? I know the DXVA2 support (under Windows) does not.
Yes, deinterlacing with VDPAU works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[linux] vdpau deinterlacing problem0