TRP (.trp) files extension for transport stream file type?
Question 
I am running a Windows XP Pro machine with XBMC 10.0. I have an external hard drive with over 300 movies all with a trp extension I know that is a transport stream file type. When I add the directory to the library XBMC does not see or play the movies. I changed on movie from a trp to a ts extension and everything works fine. I do not want to go through over 300 movie folders with 1 or 2 files and change all the extensions. I tried the advancedsettings.xml file but either I don't know what I'm doing or what I did doesn't work. Could someone point me in right direction and give me a shove?

Thanks,
Tom
In the advancedsettings.xlm add in:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
     <videoextensions>
         <add>.trp</add>
     </videoextensions>
</advancedsettings>
That should do it.
-stoli-
Thanks I'll give it a try when I get home.

T
I did not have a advancedsettings.xml file so I made one and when it didn't work I deleted it. So maybe it would have worked but I had it in the wrong place. I made a new advancedsettings file from the information from stoli. Where is the right place to put it on a windows xp pro machine? Is there anything I need to do in XBMC to make it work?

Thanks,
T
I can't remember off the top of my head exactly where in xp it goes but it's similar to windows 7 C:Users/name of user/appdata/roaming/xbmc/userdata place the advancedsettings file in userdata then it should work you can check the log file to be certain it has read it. Try a search for Userdata it should find itSmile
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ttings.xml says where it should go.
Thanks guys I got it.

T
hello everybody, I'm new in the forum!
regarding the .trp topic. I also have the issue. I hav a sat receiver the records and splits in many trp files
I tryed to add .trp extension to advancedsetting.xml with no luck. i read many posts and I think I'm doing things right, I'm sure I put it in the right folder (using osx)
I'M using the sintax you suggested, should I write something else?
how do I make sure it's been read?
thanks in advance
mo679 Wrote:hello everybody, I'm new in the forum!
regarding the .trp topic. I also have the issue. I hav a sat receiver the records and splits in many trp files
I tryed to add .trp extension to advancedsetting.xml with no luck. i read many posts and I think I'm doing things right, I'm sure I put it in the right folder (using osx)
I'M using the sintax you suggested, should I write something else?
how do I make sure it's been read?
thanks in advance

Have you saved it as advancedsetting.xml if so theres ya problem
It should be advancedsettings.xml this works for me
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
paul Wrote:Have you saved it as advancedsetting.xml if so theres ya problem
It should be advancedsettings.xml this works for me

thaks for the reply!
silly error, file is actually saved as advancedsettings.xml
can't find a workaround
could you show me the correct sintax?
thanks in advance
mo679 Wrote:thaks for the reply!
silly error, file is actually saved as advancedsettings.xml
can't find a workaround
could you show me the correct sintax?
thanks in advance
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Ich habe dasselbe Problem ! Sofern Du noch im Forum taetig bist, waere ich dankbar fuer Deinen TIP wie es nun wohl bei Dir klappte !!!

ghmdb
Hallo, wie hier geschrieben, habe ich die advacedsettings geschrieben und unter USERDATEN abgelegt. Erfolg : Null
Ich habe Hunderte von Filmen die man unmöglich in *.ts umbenennen kann.
Dazu kommt, dass die TRP Daten in einem Ordner (Container) abgelegt sind, Alle vom Receiver in laufende Nummern angelegt.
Um Lesen zu können, um welchen Film es sich handelt, müsste man auch das File
rec.smr - in dem auch der Film-Name geschrieben ist - in die Ad....Settins einfügen.
Denn den Filmenamen müsste man sonst Einzeln von der *.smr Datei auslesen und den Container umbenennen.

<advancedsettings>
<videoextensions>
<add>. trp </ add> .....hier evtl die *.smr dazu Huh und wie Huh
</ Videoextensions>
</ Advancedsettings>

kann mir jemand helfen Huh?

ghmdb

Sorry die Übersetzung ist hoffentlich trotzdem deutbar

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TRP (.trp) files extension for transport stream file type?0