[RELEASE] Pandora Alaska Mod (Script) Addon
Thumbs Up 
Pandora.AlaskaMod

All credit goes to spbogie for his incredible Pandora addon found here:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ht=pandora

This is a mod to the XBMC Pandora addon by spbogie, with the purpose of giving a seamless experience for users of Hitchers Alaska Revisited skin.

Disclaimer: I didn't change any functionality of the Pandora addon so this should not include any bugs that were not in the original addon. On the other hand, please let me know if there are any suggestions you may have as far as the "Look" of the addon goes.

Update* 10/5/2011

Instructions:
  • Download spboogie's XBMC-Pandora addon from the forum thread at the top of the page.
  • Download this folder
  • Use these files to overwrite the \XBMC\addons\xbmc-pandora\resources folder from the Pandora addon in your addons directory.
  • Profit?

I used to host the entire addon here and maintain it as a seperate addon but its a pain in the a**. Its much easier to give you the files so you can copy them over to the currently working Pandora addon.

Enjoy!

All textures except for the Pandora logo have been pulled and edited from Alaska Revisited. Hope you don't mind HitcherBig Grin
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
Thanks a lot dude, installed and using!
Glad you like it. Let me know if you have any issues.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
Post removed
combined w/ first post to keep all info in the same place
How to use Git
How do I add this to my main screen. I have the addon installed, and I have those 3 files in my .xbmc/skins/ folder.
This installs exactly like the other Pandora addon. You don't need to do anything special with the files labled "Put in skin folder". I'm not sure why they are labeled like that. You have 2 options. Either unzip this to your addons directory (see my post for the location) or you can download the zip file and choose "Install from zip folder" from within XBMC.

Once it is installed you can access it through the apps button in Alaska Revisited.

Adding to the home screen as a sub menu:
  • add script.xbmc.panora.AlaskaMod as a favorite
  • Go to the skin settings menu
  • go to Sub Menus and click "Apps (Click to open/close)"
  • Enable Custom Button 1
  • Select Script - choose Pandora [Alaska Mod]
  • Choose Edit Image and select the icon.png file located at the root of the script.xbmc.pandora AlaskaMod folder

Let me know if you have any questions
How to use Git
Tried out version 2, but I'm getting "script failed" when I attempt to run it.
OMG... this mod works... bro your awesome
spoonTRex Wrote:Tried out version 2, but I'm getting "script failed" when I attempt to run it.
Me too

Xbmc Live Dharma 10 rc2 - Acer Revo 3610 - Alaska Revisited
Hmmm... If its not working can you give me a few more details? How did you install it? Did you ever have the previous Pandora addon installed? I'll try removing my other Pandora install and see if this still works. You might want to check out the other Pandora thread for troubleshooting steps (link in first post to original Pandora). There is no difference between this version and that one, aside from the textures and text color. I'll look into this tonight when I get home from work.
How to use Git
Nevermind, it totally works. It hinged completely on my ability to follow instructions and rename the folder. Confused
htpc guy Wrote:Hmmm... If its not working can you give me a few more details? How did you install it? Did you ever have the previous Pandora addon installed? I'll try removing my other Pandora install and see if this still works. You might want to check out the other Pandora thread for troubleshooting steps (link in first post to original Pandora). There is no difference between this version and that one, aside from the textures and text color. I'll look into this tonight when I get home from work.

For some reason the script from the original authors page did not work for me. Maybe because of a bad install. But I installed this addon by going to the "addons menu" then "install from zip."
drtechnolust Wrote:For some reason the script from the original authors page did not work for me. Maybe because of a bad install. But I installed this addon by going to the "addons menu" then "install from zip."

Try a manual install.
Download the files/unzip contents/put them in your addons directory.
Restart XBMC and try to use it.

I have never used the install from zip, but I have installed many addons like this. It should work for you.
How to use Git
spoonTRex Wrote:Nevermind, it totally works. It hinged completely on my ability to follow instructions and rename the folder. Confused

Version 2 is named exactly the same as version 1 so yes you would have to rename it if you had the previous one installed. I would suggest using one or the other. I may just go delete version 1 to avoid future confusion.
How to use Git
Damn. For the life of me I cannot get this to add to my main screen. Pretty sure I'm following the instructions to the T.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Pandora Alaska Mod (Script) Addon0