More Visualizations?
I've looked everywhere and can't find how to download extra visualizations. Under Settings>Music>Playback>Visualization I choose Get More, but its empty. I tried refreshing XBMC Add-ons, and that didn't make any show up. Hopefully I'm not missing anything obvious, thanks for the help!
I'll apologize, but i'm going to give this a little bump. Apparently it wasn't as stupid of a question as I thought it was, or it was so stupid everyone just passes the thread, haha. Do most of you just stick with the standard visualizations, and not change them?
There aren't anymore yet.
Ahh, alright, appreciate it bud.
for some weird reason, people hasn't written any vizes for XBMC since Xbox Days :o

I pray this will change the more popular we become
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

pike Wrote:for some weird reason, people hasn't written any vizes for XBMC since Xbox Days :o

I get the impression that the majority of XBMC users use it for video rather than audio, so the visualisations are irrelevant. I do use it for audio (as well as video) but I turn off my TV when listening to audio so the visualisations are still irrelevant. The only time I leave the TV on is when I want to see the tracklist, so again I don't want the visualisation on.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:I get the impression that the majority of XBMC users use it for video rather than audio, so the visualisations are irrelevant.
times change...
This is my WIP:
so with TV turned off I can listen/manage my music library with this beautiful piece of software (and with some alsa tweaks). I think it's so confortable rather than with the Android xbmc remote, such as a super stereo Smile
"Project M" visualization is very good but for me new visualizations will be welcome too!!!

PS. I configured a remote control button to switch from mini-LCD to TV and viceversa.
I use mine for music as much (if not more) than video, and dig the visuals/track listings. Some of the Milkdrop viz are a bit too "strobey", and cause my wife to leave the room (migraine triggers), so I pulled the MD vizs from Boxee & dropped them into XMBC (their collections a bit nicer on the eyes)
& it works a treat. I wish there was an easy way to identify the specific viz you like & collect them into their own zipfile to use.
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
i really hope there will come some new viz as im staring at this one since its introduction on the xbox (xbmp?). hundreds of hours we have spend watching it and still loving it, play some nice psytrance or trancy tunes and drift off in your thoughts..
Bump. Anyone got an idea to add other visualisations?
Depending on what OS you are running XBMC on you can use any milkdrop vis presets - search google for Winamp visualisations or .milk files I think they are. I've got a big collection but they need splitting up or it takes ages to load the first one. I never got around to it, but might still have them all somewhere.
Is there a way to preview them one at a time to pick out one you want to keep (on Windows machine)?
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
fdrzrich Wrote:Depending on what OS you are running XBMC on you can use any milkdrop vis presets - search google for Winamp visualisations or .milk files I think they are. I've got a big collection but they need splitting up or it takes ages to load the first one. I never got around to it, but might still have them all somewhere.

I am running Ubuntu live version, so don't think I can use your visualisations. Or am I wrong?
Hey,

I was thinking of this exact question yesterday Big Grin

I'd like to slow down/relax milk drop a bit, because when I play sigur ros (or similar) it flashes/zaps around as if I am listening to some psychedelic goa trance Shocked

Is there any way to add new files/options to xbmc milk drop and configure them, or add new visualisation etc... If so how is this done in windows?

Does anyone have any custom .milk files that work on windows that they could perhaps share Big Grin
Well I recently upgraded tot the latest nightly, and in this nightly, ProjectM has a new configuration feature which let's you set a custom folder for presets. I've used this, along with some slow/calm/relaxed .milk files, and it works like a charm Smile.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
More Visualizations?0