MPC-HC as External Player
Hi guys!

I've been able to set MPC-HC as External Player

But, when i select a movie to watch,

XBMC minimizes and then MPC-HC launches and the movie starts playing...

My question is,

is there a way to prevent/stop XBMC from minimizing??

i just want it to stay where it is without moving....

thanks!!!
If you set XBMC to use a "full screen window" instead of "true fullscreen" I believe will do it.
this works!

thanks!

only thing now though, when closing MPC-HC

i see the desktop for a second and then XBMC 're-appears'

how to prevent that?

thanks
Note that the "full screen window" is slower at rendering video than true fullscreen, though if you're playing video with MPC-HC that probably doesn't matter.

JR
ok, thanks, didn't know that...

but then, is there a way to have it on TRUE FULL SCREEN

and not have the small issue im having?

thanks
Back when I was using media browser, they came up with the trick of changing the desktop color to black. This gave the impression that the change was instantaneous. Doesn't really help you with your problem, but could be a way to make you think you fixed it. Smile
my BackGround is black already,,,,,
eskro Wrote:ok, thanks, didn't know that...

but then, is there a way to have it on TRUE FULL SCREEN and not have the small issue im having?

True fullscreen uses a DirectX mode that is very fast but requires exclusive access to the display and won't share it with anything else. That's why as soon as another app gets the focus (i.e. MPC-HC in this case) it forces XBMC to minimise. The "Use a fullscreen window ..." settings makes XBMC use a different DirectX mode that will share the display, but you sacrifice the speed.

I must admit I don't see the problem. Assuming MPC-HC is running full screen why does it matter whether XBMC has minimised or not?

JR
its just that when i select a movie to watch,

XBMC minimizes for a sec and then MPC-HC launches

and the movie starts playing...

and i would prefer not to see my desktop when XBMC minimizes...

thats why if there would be a way to not make XBMC minimize,,,,

well there is, using what live4ever told me in post #2....

but doing so, when closing MPC-HC

i see the desktop for a second and then XBMC 're-appears' ....
You could use a GL build shouldn't happen then Smile
is this an official build?

and where is it?

thanks
jhsrennie Wrote:Note that the "full screen window" is slower at rendering video than true fullscreen, though if you're playing video with MPC-HC that probably doesn't matter.

JR

I usually get massive tearing in mpchc when using a fullscreen window. Using true fullscreen fixes this problem.
no tearing here....

maybe its your codecs/filters or something,,,

cant be MPC-HC...
RobS Wrote:I usually get massive tearing in mpchc when using a fullscreen window. Using true fullscreen fixes this problem.

Check your vsync settings in mpc-hc or make sure its enabled all the time in your GPU control panel instead of application controlled, tearing is only caused by one thing having vsync off your cards refresh rate not matching your screens refresh rate exactly there not in sync
I'm having the issue in W7, I am launching MPC-HC as external player, and I always catch a glimpse of the taskbar when switching to MPC. My XBMC is set up as always open in playercorefactory and is in windowed mode.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MPC-HC as External Player0