Help with Mod of Horizontal Home Layout
Hi

I'm trying to mod the horizontal Home Layout to a more Aoen kind of look.
So far I have manage to get it more or less working (Though I will be adding a few more images to get the look I want and perhaps Fanart at some point) I also added a few personal menu entries. My problem is that the menu is not centered even though I think I have made the right settings (see screenshot)

As you see it is not centered anybody have an idea of what I am doing wrong.

Could anybody give me a push in the right direction? Huh

Includes_HomeList.zip
Not sure, but shouldn't the the width of each item atleast be the width of the control divided by 5 = 256

Or try to change the width of the control to 1500(instead of 1280) and offset it in the x-axis to -110
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
The items are all 300 in width so that should be okay unless I misunderstod you.

Tried making the width of the list 1500 and -110 on the X axis, but this moves the items further to the left
Change the position of the list and then maybe the focusposition -

PHP Code:
<include name="HomeHorizontal">
        <
posx>0</posx
Thx Hitcher, didn't think of doing that. Big Grin

I just though there was a way to have the focus point in the dead center and not have to fidlle around to get it there.
At the moment it's centred at 600 and you want it at 640 but setting the start posx at 40 will cut off the first label so you have to move it back another 300 (<posx>-260</posx>) and move the foucsposition across 1 more (3).

What you have to remember is when you use <align>center</align> the posx has to be the centre of the control (and the right when aligning right).
Also, using Alaska's Debug Grid helps a lot.
Well that did the trick, Thank You Hitcher. Didn't see the Debug grid but that is a very nice tool Smile
Even quicker method is to map it to a key like this -

PHP Code:
<keymap>
    <global>
        <
keyboard>
            <
F4>Skin.ToggleSetting(DebugGrid)</F4>
            <
F5>XBMC.ReloadSkin()</F5>
        </
keyboard>
    </global>
</
keymap

That way I simply hit F4 and F5 to get it to appear.
In which XML do you add this?

I'm pretty new to this skinning and XML editing business Smile
keymap.xml in your userdata folder.
New Problem

I'm trying to add Fanart to the background in the home menu e.g. when your over movies a folder of JPG's would random play through, toned down of course so it more or less looks the same as in the views.

But I can't figure out where to put the code.

if I put it beneath the list it will overlap that, if I put it before it will not be displayed.

And what overlay is used ontop of the fanart in the views?

Any help?
Home.xml line 75 -

PHP Code:
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(HomeBackgrounds) + [Skin.HasSetting(HomeIcon) | Skin.HasSetting(HomeHorizontal) | Skin.HasSetting(HomeVertical)]</visible

change to -

PHP Code:
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(HomeBackgrounds)</visible

No overlay anymore just the diffuse colour (FanartDiffuse - colors/default.xml) that adds the colour to it (last 6 digits) and lets more of the background image through (first two digits).
Thanks again, you are really fast Smile

Can see this is getting a bit more elaborate than I imagined
I though about another thing instead of this

I want to keep the same look throughout my Mediacenter and therefore I need an Info Wrap sort of main menu. as far as I know it should be possible to do. I have tried looking at the default menu but that just have to much for me to get a grip of what's really going on. I would think I can use the Horizontal Home Layout and mod this, but I really can figure out what to do to get it to display icons all the time. I get that the Image control at the bottom of the XML controls how the image appears but I can't by the world figure out how have it displayed all the time.

Any Pointers?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with Mod of Horizontal Home Layout0