Warning: don't buy a TeVii S470, it's bugged @ 99%
Good news from Tevii, "We are working at it now and trying to fix the problem, When we fixed the issue, we will release new software ASAP. We apologize for the inconvenience". So we have just to wait, they have the skill to resolve the issue.
To remark: I would like to tell you that when the card start to work, it's one of the best dvb-s2 card that I've tried, even with dvb-s2 hd channels (no system load while watching).
joethefox, can you tell me if they have fixed the problem yet? It has been about 8 months since you posted this!
As I'm very interested in this card and its about £40 atm.

P.s - Sorry for the old thread resurrection.
Dear joethefox,
i have same problem with my tevii s470 dvb card kindly let me know if you solve your problem or not?
regards
Behrooz
I've have two of these cards and have used them in a number of boxes running Ubuntu server and UnRAID. No problems whatsoever.
Nope. This is their last response:

"Dear Sir,

Thanks for your mail.
As you know, Linux performance highly depends on hardware platform configuration.
Up to the present we still can not fix the problem,
Therefore we suggest you to seek for assistance from Linux forum, who might have similar experience as yours and provide you useful suggestion."

But I want to remark that issues occurs only on particular hardware. A friend of mine with this tevii and an ion system with linux haven't never got problems.
The real problem, I think, isn't from tevii itself, but is for the buggy chip cx23885 that they use.

I hope this info was useful.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Warning: don't buy a TeVii S470, it's bugged @ 99%0