watched flag in files mode
Hi there,

I know this has been asked before, but I can't find a solution: The watched flags don't appear in file mode. I know it must be possible, because it works in transparency and confluence. Library mode is not an option, because anime files have the wrong naming convention. I flipped through all the options but couldn't find where to enable watched flags, if they should be disabled by default.

Thansk in advance for your help.
Added for next update.
That would be great. Big Grin

Alaska is my favorite skin, but having to remember which episodes I have already watched is a hassle.
I just installed Alaska Revisited 2.6.0. First the good news: Watched flags do appear in file mode now. Thank You!

However, the flags are shown at the end the file name, so for longer file names one has to wait for it to scroll into view. Furthermore, once the file name has scrolled all the way, there is a glitch in that the file name is displaye on top of itself. I dont't know if that's a bug in XBMC or the skin.

Would it be possible to get the red mark as an overlay on the picture instead?

Also, when I set view to "panel wide" I don't get any thumbnails:

Any idea why that happens?

Thnaks, sa10
sa10 Wrote:I just installed Alaska Revisited 2.6.0. First the good news: Watched flags do appear in file mode now. Thank You!

However, the flags are shown at the end the file name, so for longer file names one has to wait for it to scroll into view. Furthermore, once the file name has scrolled all the way, there is a glitch in that the file name is displaye on top of itself. I dont't know if that's a bug in XBMC or the skin.

Would it be possible to get the red mark as an overlay on the picture instead?

Also, when I set view to "panel wide" I don't get any thumbnails:

Any idea why that happens?

Thnaks, sa10

Fixed the overlapping problem and I also suggest you enable 'Clean file and folder names' to hide most of the rubbish in those names.

And Panel Wide shouldn't have be available in video files so I've fixed that as well.
Quote:I also suggest you enable 'Clean file and folder names' to hide most of the rubbish in those names.

This option removes underscores but not the bunch of tags.

Quote:And Panel Wide shouldn't have be available in video files so I've fixed that as well.

Why shouldn't that option be available? I think it looks better than the square panels, they have the wrong aspect ratio.

I went ahead and added the watched overlays. It's probably not the the best way to implement this, but if anyone is interested: in viewtype_Files.xml, line 332, I added
Code:
<control type="image">
    <posx>620</posx>
    <posy>435</posy>
    <width>22</width>
    <height>22</height>
    <texture>$INFO[ListItem.Overlay]</texture>
    <visible>!Window.IsActive(videolibrary)+ !Skin.HasSetting(HideTVWatchedOverlays)</visible>
</control>

In Viewtype_Info_List.xml, line 89, I added the same code with coordinates (580,435). The position and visibility conditions should propbably be improved, but for now it works. Oh, this refers to version 2.7.0.
sa10 Wrote:This option removes underscores but not the bunch of tags.

I worked for me when I tested it using a file named exactly as you have above -

Actually I was looking at a different file that didn't have underscores. I checked again and apparently this option doesn't change anything for me, it doesn't even remove underscores. (We are talking about Settings >> Video >> Files Lists >> 'Clean file and folder names', right?)

But that should probably be handled by XBMC and not the skin, so it's not something I should complain about in this thread. Still it's a bit strange.

Anyway, with the addition of watched overlays the skin is perfectly couch usable. The messy filenames are just a minor problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
watched flag in files mode0