[AppleTV1] Only noice sound on TV while using Dolby/DTS
I have a AppleTV 1st Generation, with XMBC 10.0-rc2 r35567. I installed Crystal HD card yesterday and updated the XBMC using the Download menu, under Maintenance menu.
My AppleTV is connected to the LED TV by a HDMI cable.
Also my AppleTV is connected on a Onkyo receiver by an optical cable.
I would like to play mkv files, such as http://eztv.it/ep/17980/dexter-s04e12-72...-x264-red/.
The video playback is fine, also my receiver identifies the Doby Audio signal. But on the TV speakers I only get noises. I did select as the audio output coax/optical, Dolby(AC3) compatible receiver and dts.
I have tried also enabling and disabling AC3 passthru under Maintenance, Settings menu.

What else can I do to solve it?

At this moment I am putting the TV on mute and having the sound out over the receiver. Not sure if that will harm by TV speakers.

Any doubts on this?

Thanks!
Question 
Hi hacunha, I'm getting a similar problem, I've posted about it earlier this evening:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=91659

Where's the maintenance menu you refer to and do you know where in the default Dharma skin I can see the SVN version?

Thanks,

Nick
TVs cannot generally decode AC3/DTS sound so you need to put it on mute.
Why would you care about the sound from the tv when you have a DD/DTS receiver?
If you only have a Tv then XBMC should be set to analogue
This is normal
interceptor121 Wrote:TVs cannot generally decode AC3/DTS sound so you need to put it on mute.
Why would you care about the sound from the tv when you have a DD/DTS receiver?
If you only have a Tv then XBMC should be set to analogue
This is normal

Interceptor121, thanks for your reply.
The ideia with my post was:
1) Is there a way to configure XMBC to enable to watch those videos with out using my DD/DTS receiver, only using TV speakers? (I was able to do so using Boxee on AppleTV. But I am using XMBC, since I have a Crystal HD Card).

2) If I put my tv on mute and watch de videos using my DD/DTS receiver, will that harm the TV, speakers or audio circuits/boards?

Once again thanks.
1. You need to set the speakers to analogue before playing the video in settings
2. No that is fine
Hi,
I have the same Problem.
When I set the Audio to analog so I can use my TV-Speaker via HDMI connection, is it still possible to use DD/DTS via the optical cable to my Receiver? I do not want to switch my settings all day ....

I use the Receiver only to watch some Movies, but my TV-Speaker for TV-Shows.

DC
dc@mac Wrote:Hi,
I have the same Problem.
When I set the Audio to analog so I can use my TV-Speaker via HDMI connection, is it still possible to use DD/DTS via the optical cable to my Receiver? I do not want to switch my settings all day ....

I use the Receiver only to watch some Movies, but my TV-Speaker for TV-Shows.

DC
Same issue here, and I'd like to do the same thing. 2.0 analog over HDMI and 5.1 AC3/DTS over optical to receiver.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV1] Only noice sound on TV while using Dolby/DTS0