XBMC for iOS information
FAQ

How to install on 2nd generation ATV

How to install on iPad/iPhone
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Can someone please sticky this thread?
Also how to Jailbreak http://support.firecore.com/entries/387605
Without providing direct links to any of the jailbreak apps, this is actually a pretty good source of info for all of the different iOS versions out there and the respective jailbreak apps.

Wikipedia Jailbreak Page
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:Without providing direct links to any of the jailbreak apps, this is actually a pretty good source of info for all of the different iOS versions out there and the respective jailbreak apps.

Wikipedia Jailbreak Page

not a very good source when it lists bad info

last time i checked (just now), 4.2.1 is tethered boot on iphone4, etc where that wiki page lists it as untethered.
The following HOW-TO requires you to have Jailbroken ATV2 version [4.2.1] or [4.1]
iLLNESS Wrote:not a very good source when it lists bad info

last time i checked (just now), 4.2.1 is tethered boot on iphone4, etc where that wiki page lists it as untethered.

actually 4.2.1 IS untethered so long as you use your 4.2b3 shsh/blobs.
i installed it on atv2 os 4.0 with no problem and putting the oldest skin is also more navigable!
Open6l Wrote:actually 4.2.1 IS untethered so long as you use your 4.2b3 shsh/blobs.

which is currently experimental/beta and also not a full jailbreak (only peopl in the developers program are 'legally' allowed to be using it). its still misleading whichever way you put it.
How to enable AC3/DTS passthrough
Installing Skins 1
Installing Skins 2
iOS XBMC users PLEASE use the advanced search function before starting a new thread. Make sure to click on 'XBMC for iOS Specific Support' so your results are narrowed down correctly.

Please make sure to visit the Sticky section for common issues/questions/etc. Also, XBMC for iOS information
Please add
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=699...stcount=44
Into the wiki.. it is necessary to install
iLLNESS Wrote:How to enable AC3/DTS passthrough
Installing Skins 1
Installing Skins 2

Thanks very helpful. Should be added to the FAQ
Please add
How to fix Timezone?
Code:
rm /private/var/db/timezone/localtime
ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Berlin /private/var/db/timezone/localtime
I keep getting an error when trying to click the windows (SMB)... i believe it is (ERROR 2) and it wont let me search for my shared files. If I manually try to add a source, I type in my IP address, then the folder name that holds the movie files, then I get a timeout error back. I just cant seem to access my shared files at all. Am I doing something incorrectly?

EDIT: Im using an Apple TV 2g
mcgehee44 Wrote:I keep getting an error when trying to click the windows (SMB)... i believe it is (ERROR 2) and it wont let me search for my shared files. If I manually try to add a source, I type in my IP address, then the folder name that holds the movie files, then I get a timeout error back. I just cant seem to access my shared files at all. Am I doing something incorrectly?

EDIT: Im using an Apple TV 2g

I am having the same exact problem.

Help from anyone is appreciated!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for iOS information0