[AppleTV2] Resume
Here is another interesting one, I dont know if its just me. When I stop on ATV2 then restart a file it does not ask me to resume..... If I`m using mysql DB and stop a file on another XBMC (ATV1 or MAC) on ATV2 XBMC it asks me to resume. It doesnt work on ATV2 even with local DB. Anyone else with this or just me ?

EDIT: I just notice that I exit videos via MENU button and when I do that it doesnt seem to write the stop time if I bring up the OSD and press STOP then it asks for resume. Why ?
Running since XBMP
Its very random, some time it works even with MENU button anyone else ?
Running since XBMP
Ok so I did some Debugging and it looks like some times its not putting any values and some times it does. Why ?

Here is the debug, this was for the same file it was opened and first time exited and went back it asked for a resume, times after that it didnt. Very strange

http://pastebin.com/3qAKztDf
Running since XBMP
yozh Wrote:Its very random, some time it works even with MENU button anyone else ?

I'm seeing the same thing. Some videos will resume, others will not. Seems like videos in the root of the smb attached folder I'm using work and those in subfolders might not, haven't tested enough to see if its a pattern yet.

Its amazing how wonderful xbmc looks, but how many bugs it has vs. Boxee Box.
gnomehole Wrote:I'm seeing the same thing. Some videos will resume, others will not. Seems like videos in the root of the smb attached folder I'm using work and those in subfolders might not, haven't tested enough to see if its a pattern yet.

Its amazing how wonderful xbmc looks, but how many bugs it has vs. Boxee Box.

Yeah I never liked Boxee always was an XBMC man.... Anyway

I dont see a difference where the file is, its very random, some times on the same file it would work and then stop. I`m sure guys will work out all the bugs eventually, for a first release on a completely different platform this is freaking amazing !!!!!
Running since XBMP
Same issue on iPad and iPhone 4. annoying
Running since XBMP
Amazing that its only 2 people (me + 1) with the same issue. I think every one has the same problem, because all of my devices are doing the same thing (ATV2, iPad, iPhone4) ....... Or are we just to busy with other issues to notice ?
Running since XBMP
Well after few full days of playing around with it, it seems that resume is not working properly all the time. When video starts from any of the IOS devices. tested with all kinds of videos MKV AVI MP4 etc...
Running since XBMP
My observation:

I think it's a bug. If I press the "pause" button or the center select button to pause the movie. Then press the menu button to exit the movie, the marker is save and I can resume.

If I simply press the menu button to exit the movie without pausing it first, the marker is not saved.

My Rant //

Ok, first off. XBMC exist for other platforms and perform very well. The XBMC port for the ATV2 and other iOS is definitely a work in progress. I am actually surprise how well it works, given the lack of CPU horsepower in these iOS devices. Give the team some time, if you follow the GitHub, you'll see many of the bugs reported on the forum have already been fixed.

Since the project is open-source and community developed, any one of us can devote time in making it better. Now, if we can't code...we as early adopters should continue reporting the issues we've found to help the development team continue to make the XBMC on iOS experience better and better and get it up to par with the other XBMC platform.

Also keep in mind that solutions such as Boxee are commercial based, so I would definitely expect it to be bug free. But I don't know if that is the case for any company out there. Boxee users do experience their fair share of bugs as well.

// Rant done Smile
dazex Wrote:My observation:

I think it's a bug. If I press the "pause" button or the center select button to pause the movie. Then press the menu button to exit the movie, the marker is save and I can resume.

If I simply press the menu button to exit the movie without pausing it first, the marker is not saved.

My Rant //

Ok, first off. XBMC exist for other platforms and perform very well. The XBMC port for the ATV2 and other iOS is definitely a work in progress. I am actually surprise how well it works, given the lack of CPU horsepower in these iOS devices. Give the team some time, if you follow the GitHub, you'll see many of the bugs reported on the forum have already been fixed.

Since the project is open-source and community developed, any one of us can devote time in making it better. Now, if we can't code...we as early adopters should continue reporting the issues we've found to help the development team continue to make the XBMC on iOS experience better and better and get it up to par with the other XBMC platform.

Also keep in mind that solutions such as Boxee are commercial based, so I would definitely expect it to be bug free. But I don't know if that is the case for any company out there. Boxee users do experience their fair share of bugs as well.

// Rant done Smile

WOW gota play with Pause thing
Running since XBMP

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Resume0