• 5(current)
[AppleTV2] NFS on Apple TV 2?
You're going to have to dump permissions for volumes and the drive

Code:
ls -l /Volumes/
ls -l /Volumes/toshiba320gb

I just tested it out on my computer and mine works just fine. I can view everything.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
what am i doing wrong?

http://pastebin.com/LAZftr1k
No clue.

I'm hoping autofs is setup by default... but could you do:

Code:
ls /net/localhost/Volumes/

It should dump back your drive. See if you can navigate to it that way. If that works then it's gotta be a libnfs problem.
Code:
that returns this:

toshiba320gb
log file please ... and have a look at your syslog on lion when trying to browse the directorys ... are you sure you only see files? there is a bug in libnfs which show directorys as files when using a solaris nfs server ... (will be fixed on next version bump)

so if you only see files, it is very unlikely to be a libnfsprob...something the error hides - and we definitly should kick is ass Wink

keep it up ... i'm out for a festival now...

Ps: you only have one subdir in that path .... don't overlook it Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
DaveNinja Wrote:How do you deal with spaces in the nfs path name?
I was dumb and included a space within my external drive's name.

in xbmc on the atv2 would it just be:
nfs://10.0.1.101/Volumes/Drive Name

or do i need to use a \ or single or double quotes?
could i alter my /etc/export to share the /Volumes directory instead?

spaces are no prob ... just do nothing special with it and it should work...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:spaces are no prob ... just do nothing special with it and it should work...

coolness.

so; if my /etc/exports looks like:
Code:
'/Volumes/NinjaTV Drive' -network 10.0.0.0 -mask 255.255.0.0

and my showmount -e spits out:
Code:
/Volumes/NinjaTV Drive               10.0.0.0

I should be able to add a network drive of NFS type by just typing the following into the address spot on XBMC on the ATV2:
Code:
nfs://10.0.1.101/Volumes/NinjaTV Drive

right?
I would rather no be missing a critical / somewhere and drive myself crazy over that Smile

(my tv computer's address is 10.0.1.101)
trevorcobb Wrote:that returns this:

toshiba320gb

Go on...
Code:
I was wondering - have anyone else been able to see directories on their NFS shares?
I.e. mount "/mnt/disk/TV" as type TV series on XBMC and have "/mnt/disk/TV/series/" on the disk, then be able to see the folder "series" under their TV series?

I can read files within NFS paths, but not folders. I was wondering if this was normal.

I'm pretty sure it is connected with the previous problems I had (*BSD NFS sharing being over-the-top secure). I can see the folders easily when mounting as root on my ubuntu system..

Full debug log: http://pastebin.com/KSaFpDRY (log level changed to level 2 at line 1000).

This was done after removing xbmc, removing the XBMC folder in Library/Preferences, installing 10.0.9 and starting it.
I only enabled debug log, and added 3 NFS shares:
192.168.1.200/mnt/BigDisk/TV (filled with folders that hold files)
192.168.1.200/mnt/BigDisk/Movies (only files)
192.168.1.200/mnt/BigDisk/Misc (mixture of the two)

(192.168.1.200 is my FreeNAS box)

The TV share appears empty.
The Movies share shows everything.
The Misc share shows all files, no folders.

My exports on the FreeNAS box:
Code:
/mnt/BigDisk -alldirs,quiet -mapall=root -network 192.168.1.0 -mask 255.255.255.0

And just to re-iterate:
Platform: AppleTV2
XBMC: 10.0.9
iOS: 4.3
Jailbroken using Seas0nPass, XBMC installed using "apt-get update && apt-get org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2".
I'm going to guess it's a libnfs thing....

What happens if you try to map to one of the TV's sub directories?
Code:
darkscout Wrote:I'm going to guess it's a libnfs thing....

What happens if you try to map to one of the TV's sub directories?

That works fine. Shows the files present in the directory (any subdirs wont show).
Has to be a weird permissions libnfs thing where the directory isn't getting returned somehow.

Memphiz, is there any way to turn on 'super debugging' (maybe in a fork or an advancedsetting setting) so that we can see what libnfs is thinking or seeing?
Code:
darkscout Wrote:Has to be a weird permissions libnfs thing where the directory isn't getting returned somehow.

Memphiz, is there any way to turn on 'super debugging' (maybe in a fork or an advancedsetting setting) so that we can see what libnfs is thinking or seeing?

I did a cursory look through of the sourcecode for the NFS client, it would be nice to see the loglevel of LOGERROR (=4 - defined in xbmc/utils/log.h) as this would actually show the NFS returns in the log: http://pastebin.com/14DKrAgi .

I would especially love to see what is returned on line 66.
But it would be nice with some debug lines on line 30 as well (reading dirs in the mount).

I'm not too sharp in C++ , but if anyone could throw together a small program that just utilizes this class to mount a given directory on a host, it would be easier to test.

[edit]
I'm at work right now, but I'll try to set loglevel to 4 when I get home, see what it turns up. If I'm not too tired that is (6:30am here) Smile
LOGERROR always shows in xbmc.log, it's LOGDEBUG that will only show if debugging is enabled.

line 66 will only show "if( ret == 0 )" is false.

Quote:small program that just utilizes this class to mount a given directory on a host

That's not what this class does. ie, it does not mount anything into the native filesystem. That's the whole point behind it.
davilla Wrote:LOGERROR always shows in xbmc.log, it's LOGDEBUG that will only show if debugging is enabled.

line 66 will only show "if( ret == 0 )" is false.

That's not what this class does. ie, it does not mount anything into the native filesystem. That's the whole point behind it.

Mount was definitely the wrong word to use on a system that doesn't have mounting capabilities.. In lack of better descriptive word (not a native english speaker) it does however fit the functionality.

At the moment I'm working the angle that the libnfs implementation is the problem, rather than my FreeNAS setup. I may very well be wrong, but it's a starting point. I will try to rule out one angle at a time, and since I spent hours yesterday debugging FreeNAS and have no problem reading the shares from other distributions (granted, from privileged ports), it is a reasonable angle.

Thank you for the note about loglevel though.. That does make testing this quite a bit more difficult. Sad
Do you know anything about beforementioned "super logging"? Smile

[edit]
To clarify what I wanted to test in the previous post:
I wanted to utilize the class to browse/peak at the content of the NFS share.
I.e. I wanted to see what was actually put into the vecEntries variable at line 32 in my pastebin. This would tell me if the subdirectories on the NFS share was read at all - and it would be a starting point for debugging the code.
Again.. I'm not superbly fluent in C++, so I'm sure a more obvious starting point can be found. And I'm sure debugging tools would prove quicker than hacking away at pieces of code.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] NFS on Apple TV 2?0