Question 
Platform: OSX 10.6.5
Using: Xcode 3.2.5 and iOS SDK 4.2 final

Following: https://github.com/xbmc/atv2/blob/atv2/README.ios

At:
mbp:atv2 keith$ sudo make -C tools/osx/ios-depends

I am getting this error:

cd Python-2.6.5; make python.exe Parser/pgen
gcc-4.2 -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes Parser/acceler.o Parser/grammar1.o Parser/listnode.o Parser/node.o Parser/parser.o Parser/parsetok.o Parser/bitset.o Parser/metagrammar.o Parser/firstsets.o Parser/grammar.o Parser/pgen.o Objects/obmalloc.o Python/mysnprintf.o Parser/tokenizer_pgen.o Parser/printgrammar.o Parser/pgenmain.o -ldl -framework CoreFoundation -o Parser/pgen
ld: warning: in Parser/tokenizer_pgen.o, file was built for armv7 which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
ld: warning: in Parser/printgrammar.o, file was built for armv7 which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
ld: warning: in Parser/pgenmain.o, file was built for armv7 which is not the architecture being linked (i386)

Here's the more complete pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/c5GmnMG4

Did I miss something? any ideas? Thanks in advance!
I tried to build an xbmc version with pvr support (vnsi/streamdev-addon) and it ended in lines of error messages :/

Is there anybody here who can build with xcode/ios?
I suggest just compling it vanilla and seeing if you get the same errors as I do and make a new post if you get different ones so people know, saying you got 'lines of errors' doesn't really help anyone.
Then look into doing the addons once you got xbmc compiling by itself. I'd build them myself, if I can get everything to cross compile right.
I'm trying to compile on my own here as well, but so far i can't make it pass the step "make -C tools/osx/ios-depends" which breaks with the same errors.

I Followed the README.ios Instructions, i'm using Xcode 3.2.5 and iOS SDK 4.2 and i installed all necessary Packages according to section 3.1 of the README.osx with MacPorts 1.7.1.

Here is my Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/1JJsnkGR
apocalip, thank you for your response.
Your pastebin is a little bit different from mine. You're not trying to build 'python.exe' at least.

I will try to track this down tomorrow when some devs are alive on irc.
I might be wrong but the checkout line of README.ios does not seem ok.
Did you try to clone sources from https://github.com/xbmc/atv2 ?
(git clone git://github.com/xbmc/atv2.git)
meshuga Wrote:Platform: OSX 10.6.5
Using: Xcode 3.2.5 and iOS SDK 4.2 final

Following: https://github.com/xbmc/atv2/blob/atv2/README.ios

At:
mbp:atv2 keith$ sudo make -C tools/osx/ios-depends

I am getting this error:

cd Python-2.6.5; make python.exe Parser/pgen
gcc-4.2 -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes Parser/acceler.o Parser/grammar1.o Parser/listnode.o Parser/node.o Parser/parser.o Parser/parsetok.o Parser/bitset.o Parser/metagrammar.o Parser/firstsets.o Parser/grammar.o Parser/pgen.o Objects/obmalloc.o Python/mysnprintf.o Parser/tokenizer_pgen.o Parser/printgrammar.o Parser/pgenmain.o -ldl -framework CoreFoundation -o Parser/pgen
ld: warning: in Parser/tokenizer_pgen.o, file was built for armv7 which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
ld: warning: in Parser/printgrammar.o, file was built for armv7 which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
ld: warning: in Parser/pgenmain.o, file was built for armv7 which is not the architecture being linked (i386)

Here's the more complete pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/c5GmnMG4

Did I miss something? any ideas? Thanks in advance!

rm -rf tools/osx/ios-depends/python26/Python-2.6.5

make -C tools/osx/ios-depends

don't use sudo, you don't need it and it will only mess things up. README.ios does not sudo anything.
apocalip Wrote:I'm trying to compile on my own here as well, but so far i can't make it pass the step "make -C tools/osx/ios-depends" which breaks with the same errors.

I Followed the README.ios Instructions, i'm using Xcode 3.2.5 and iOS SDK 4.2 and i installed all necessary Packages according to section 3.1 of the README.osx with MacPorts 1.7.1.

Here is my Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/1JJsnkGR

Why are you doing anything involving README.osx when trying to build from README.ios. They are unrelated and iOS/ATV2 does not use anything from MacPorts at all.
I had initially ran it without sudo, but thought I'd try it to see if it made a diff.

I will try that Davilla, thanks.

Also sorry about the readme.osx thing. That's cut and pasted directly from readme.ios, I should of edited it, but might want to update the doc. Smile

Oh and yes, I remembered the git move, so I did git clone on the atv2 repo, definitely didn't use the SVN pull, but good checking Odon.
I could build everything fine... but after the linking i get 3 errros:

Code:
/Users/aaa/Documents/XBMC/atv2/build/XBMC-IOS.build/Debug-iphoneos/XBMC.build/Script-3234980612AF0B3400657FF1.sh: line 4: /Developer/iphoneentitlements401/gen_entitlements.py: No such file or directory
/Users/aaa/Documents/XBMC/atv2/build/Debug-iphoneos/XBMC.app/XBMC-IOS.xcent: cannot read entitlement data

and following...

Code:
<com.apple.tools.product-pkg-utility>: error: CFBundleIdentifier 'org.xbmc.xbmc_ios' contains illegal character '_' <com.apple.tools.product-pkg-utility>: invalid bundle identifier 'org.xbmc.xbmc_ios'

Seems like i am missing the gen_entitlements.py script?
Any ideas?

Peter
PMKnecht Wrote:I could build everything fine... but after the linking i get 3 errros:

Code:
/Users/aaa/Documents/XBMC/atv2/build/XBMC-IOS.build/Debug-iphoneos/XBMC.build/Script-3234980612AF0B3400657FF1.sh: line 4: /Developer/iphoneentitlements401/gen_entitlements.py: No such file or directory
/Users/aaa/Documents/XBMC/atv2/build/Debug-iphoneos/XBMC.app/XBMC-IOS.xcent: cannot read entitlement data

and following...

Code:
<com.apple.tools.product-pkg-utility>: error: CFBundleIdentifier 'org.xbmc.xbmc_ios' contains illegal character '_' <com.apple.tools.product-pkg-utility>: invalid bundle identifier 'org.xbmc.xbmc_ios'

Seems like i am missing the gen_entitlements.py script?
Any ideas?

Peter

follow this -> http://www.alexwhittemore.com/?p=398
I just deleted the codesign script, updated the code signing to my paid provisioning profiles and changed the CFBundleIdentifier to something without the underscore... Build&Run went fine... Got the App to my unjailbreaked iPhone4... but after starting xbmc i just have a black screen... I'll try to find the cause Smile ... Any hints are welcome.

Peter
PMKnecht Wrote:I just deleted the codesign script, updated the code signing to my paid provisioning profiles and changed the CFBundleIdentifier to something without the underscore... Build&Run went fine... Got the App to my unjailbreaked iPhone4... but after starting xbmc i just have a black screen... I'll try to find the cause Smile ... Any hints are welcome.

Peter

/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/xbmc.log

but that might be hard to get to on an un-jailbroken iOS device.
Big Grin 
Changing to a Release Build did the trick. For the Debug build, it would have redirected all xbmc.log output with NSLog... But it's not necessary anymore. Thanks Smile

Works great on iOS4.3b1 Smile

Peter
Hi,

I've got as far as it building. I've moved XBMC.frappliance to tools/osx/packaging/xbmc-atv2, and run mkdeb-xbmc-atv2.sh. All fine so far.

I move it over to the atv2 and use dpkg -i to install it.

I get:

Unpacking org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 (from org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_10.0-0_iphoneos-arm.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_10.0-0_iphoneos-arm.deb (--install):
error creating directory `XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks/usr/lib/python2.6/plat-mac/lib-scriptpackages/_builtinSuites': No such file or directory
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Errors were encountered while processing:
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_10.0-0_iphoneos-arm.deb

Any Ideas?

Thanks

EDIT:

It works if i extract the deb file and copy the files over the top of the original install. Not ideal.. But it works for the moment.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Trying to do my own builds for ATV20