• 5(current)
[AppleTV2] Trying to do my own builds for ATV2
Definitely! I plan on doing them every few days until ATV2 gets merged back into the mainline and XBMC starts officially doing them.

I will do one later tonight and do a new post that lists the fixes too.

valkur Wrote:meshuga, do you plan on posting any more nightlies?
Thats awesome, thank you.
weak Wrote:I'm also having problems with episode tbns with the new build. If set through the episode information dialogue it works.

Looks like they have fixed this in the latest update Smile

https://github.com/xbmc/atv2/commit/153d...6e1021b537

Quote:Fix for thumbnail creation. wrapper.rb does not work for ios arm binaries.
Basicly we would have to modify all libraries with this workaround to guarante full xbmc behavior.
meshuga Wrote:Definitely! I plan on doing them every few days until ATV2 gets merged back into the mainline and XBMC starts officially doing them.

I will do one later tonight and do a new post that lists the fixes too.

Thanks meshuga. Saves me from having to figure out how to do it on my own. With your build, we can at least have a common reference to compare notes if we should run into issues.

Just loaded up your last build and loving the bug fixes.
Anyone know where the videolist is cached? Got a problem:
- when I add my Windows share as UPNP folder by using Nero Mediashare, I can play any file just fine.
- When I add the same folder as a network share, I get an error message:
ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [smb://IMAC/NaarMCE/Judge Judy/Judge.Judy.2010.10.27.s15e045.XviD-NewWorld.avi]

When I copy that video file and rename it to some other name (aaa.avi) it plays fine.
Seems like my cached list is corrupt or something.

I even removed /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata
And readded the files, but it seems to still have cached some files, cause the same files still won't play, unless I rename them on the PC.
Anyone have any idea where they mayb be stored?
meshuga Wrote:Are you sure? It's taking up to 2 minutes to load but does look like it's working. BlueCop said he's going to work on reordering the keys to speed it up, so hopefully the load time will be decreased soon.

It worked with one show (My First Sale) after a few minutes, but I couldn't get No Ordinary Family to play. I'm not sure what the difference is.
Here you can get the newest Version:

https://85.31.189.247/atv2/
user:xbmc
pw:atv2

Hope this helps some one :-)
@meshuga I see you have a separate thread for your ATV2 builds. You mentioned in this thread you were also working on an iPhone/iPad build as well. Just wondering if you made any progress on that and whether it was available.
runey71 Wrote:@meshuga I see you have a separate thread for your ATV2 builds. You mentioned in this thread you were also working on an iPhone/iPad build as well. Just wondering if you made any progress on that and whether it was available.

just tried that

Code:
MacBookPro15:XBMC maxi$ xcodebuild -project XBMC-IOS.xcodeproj -target XBMC -configuration Release build ONLY_ACTIVE_ARCH=YES ARCHS=armv7 VALID_ARCHS=armv7 IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=4.1 SDKROOT=iphoneos4.2
Build settings from command line:
    ARCHS = armv7
    IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET = 4.1
    ONLY_ACTIVE_ARCH = YES
    SDKROOT = iphoneos4.2
    VALID_ARCHS = armv7

=== BUILD NATIVE TARGET XBMC OF PROJECT XBMC-IOS WITH CONFIGURATION Release ===
Check dependencies
CodeSign error: code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 4.2'
[BEROR]CodeSign error: code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 4.2'
warning: iPhone apps should include an armv6 architecture (current ARCHS = "armv7").
[BWARN]warning: iPhone apps should include an armv6 architecture (current ARCHS = "armv7").
** BUILD FAILED **
root2 Wrote:just tried that

Code:
MacBookPro15:XBMC maxi$ xcodebuild -project XBMC-IOS.xcodeproj -target XBMC -configuration Release build ONLY_ACTIVE_ARCH=YES ARCHS=armv7 VALID_ARCHS=armv7 IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=4.1 SDKROOT=iphoneos4.2
Build settings from command line:
    ARCHS = armv7
    IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET = 4.1
    ONLY_ACTIVE_ARCH = YES
    SDKROOT = iphoneos4.2
    VALID_ARCHS = armv7

=== BUILD NATIVE TARGET XBMC OF PROJECT XBMC-IOS WITH CONFIGURATION Release ===
Check dependencies
CodeSign error: code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 4.2'
[BEROR]CodeSign error: code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 4.2'
warning: iPhone apps should include an armv6 architecture (current ARCHS = "armv7").
[BWARN]warning: iPhone apps should include an armv6 architecture (current ARCHS = "armv7").
** BUILD FAILED **

Then you need to read this entire thread.
I did my iOS build last night, but didnt have time to write up instructions:
http://music.hadm.net/~keith/xbmc_atv2/X...012611.zip

I plan on updating the thread later today with instructions.
root2 Wrote:Here you can get the newest Version:

https://85.31.189.247/atv2/
user:xbmc
pw:atv2

Hope this helps some one :-)

Updated now inc Commit 38c4004 from 5:32pm on 27. January 2011
Unfortunately none of these builds have MMS support. Thank you anyway for your efforts...
I think I have my environment set up properly and just attempted a build of ATV2 in xCode. Is it normal to get warnings? The build succeeded, but I got about 64 warnings. Just wanted to compare notes.

Thanks,
-Dazex
Yup, warnings are normal, don't worry about it.

As long as you follow readme.ios to a T you'll be fine.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Trying to do my own builds for ATV20