How to use more than one external player?
Hi Forum,

using a modified advancedsettings.xml I could manage to launch for example mkv files with an external player (here: zoomplayer). I wonder if there is a way to use more than one external player like for instance: zoomplayer for mkv and dvds and Total Media Theatre for Blu-ray images (mounted with deamon tools) and my be another player for xvid.

So far I only found a way to use one external player (as described above), has anybody a clue how to manage to have various external player for the various file extentions?Rolleyes
Yes you can but you need to use playercorefactory.xml not advancedsettings.xml

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...a_playback
Thanks, I will try this out.Big Grin
Here's a quick write-up on how to do this. Hope it helps!
steppedup Wrote:Here's a quick write-up on how to do this. Hope it helps!
Good afternoon
I followed your link i created a playercorefactory.xml i put it into Appdata\Roaming\XBMC\Userdata and going in a movie i see now that MPC-HC is the default player. The problem is that the movie does nor start.
What am i missing? Tks for your attention

Also thanks to < X >

EDIT in the link used by steppedud writes : One thing you might have to do is to put in "mpc-hc64.exe" in the field called Activation Tasks on the MediaPlayer Classic profile in XBMC.
Where is this field? Otherwise the default MPC_HC player is not active.
SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote:Good afternoon
I followed your link i created a playercorefactory.xml i put it into Appdata\Roaming\XBMC\Userdata and going in a movie i see now that MPC-HC is the default player. The problem is that the movie does nor start.
What am i missing? Tks for your attention.

There is probably an error in your playercorefactory.xml.

Enable debug logging, then start XBMC and attempt to play a movie. Post the reulting xbmc.log on pastebin.com for us to have a look at, and also post your playercorefactory.xml here.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:There is probably an error in your playercorefactory.xml.

Enable debug logging, then start XBMC and attempt to play a movie. Post the reulting xbmc.log on pastebin.com for us to have a look at, and also post your playercorefactory.xml here.

JR
Good evening and thanks for your reply.
First of all i am not an expert PC user so i may ask you silly questions
I followed your steps ,it asked me an e-mail address i wrote my own, it asked me to submit and O.K
My question is if it is correct and who is going to receive the debug logging?

Can you pls give me the steps to find this debugging log because i think i gave my e-mail address with no text
Tks for your attention
@ JHSrennie

<playercorefactory>

<players>

<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">

<filename>C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>

<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>

<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>

<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>

<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>

<forceontop>false</forceontop>

</player>

</players>

<rules action="prepend">

<rule filetypes="mkv|MOV|hdmov|wmv|m2ts|ts|RTMP|flv|swf| vf|x-flv" player="MPC-HC"/>

</rules>

</playercorefactory>
I would check your path because I just tried your playercorefactory with my path and it worked fine for me with mkv
>>X<<' Wrote:I would check your path because I just tried your playercorefactory with my path and it worked fine for me with mkv
Thank you very much
The debug log will get posted to pastebin.com, and a link sent to your email address.

So, go to your email, find that email (might be in junk email), and grab the link, and put it in here (if still a problem).
steppedup Wrote:The debug log will get posted to pastebin.com, and a link sent to your email address.

So, go to your email, find that email (might be in junk email), and grab the link, and put it in here (if still a problem).
Yes,but in the bastebin there is a space where probably i have to copy/paste my debbugin log/text because there writes (Post a new pastebin) and then i have to right my e-mail address.
Where can i find this text from
Tks for your assistance.................
@ steppedup
Finally i found where is the debuging log.I activated it through the addons.is it correct? Then through Appdata\roaming\xbmc\xbmc.log i copied/pasted it to pastebin.com and i submit it. But i am still waiting the answer through Hotmail
You've actually got the two conflated a little bit....but just do this.

In XMBC, click on Settings/ System/ Debugging - make sure there's a blue dot next to debugging (make sure it's enabled).

Close XBMC, Open XBMC, try and recreate the problem you've been having.

Grab Appdata\roaming\xbmc\xbmc.log and paste to pastebin.com. Click Submit.

It will ask you to confirm 3 letters in a Captcha confirmation. Do that.

If Captcha goes through ok, the very next page will be the pastebin page with your logs nicely embedded in it.

Copy the URL of that page, and paste that back to here.

Cheers!
There is also a pastebin Google Chrome addon that makes it easier (google chrome pastebin addon). Copy your logs, click the pastebin icon to the right of your url/search bar and it will automatically submit it to pastebin and give you a url.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to use more than one external player?0