RMVB playing slow?
Hi Guys,

I am able to play even 1080p ok, but when I try to play rmvb is quite slow.

Any thoughts?
flaviosa Wrote:Hi Guys,

Any thoughts?

[2]
anyone?
flaviosa Wrote:Hi Guys,

Any thoughts?

Same here. I have Apple TV 2 on IOS 4.3 and using the latest nightly build; I can play 1080p avi files without any issues. But as for as RMVB (Real Media) format, even the low quality videos play with extremely slow and inconsistent frame rates -- as though the processor couldn't keep up with decoding the RMVB content. I suspect this is because the code responsible for RMVB is rather inefficient.
Is RMVB h264 ? If not then it gets sw decoder with ffmpeg. So SD size should work. Anything HD will fail as the atv2 does not have to ponies to sw decode it.
davilla,

even sd content doesn't play smoothly
I have the same problem. RMVB Playback is very choppy. I'm on ATV2 4.1.1 with XBMC version 10 installed from nitoTV. XBMC for windows has the same problem. I have no issues with other formats.

Right now I'm able to work around the problem by adding PS3 media server as a UPNP source. RMVB streaming is ok in this case.

A search on the forum shows that the RMVB playback issue was fixed for version 9. But it would be nice if this can get fixed for version 10.
flaviosa Wrote:davilla,

even sd content doesn't play smoothly

Strange, I am running the latest nightly build and can watch RMVB DVDrip over smb share without any problems on my ATV2. However, the same video buffers often when I try to watch it on my iPhone 4 over wireless, so the network seems to play an important role.

Try copying your video locally to the ATV2 and playing it from there just to make sure your network isn't causing you the problems.
bole5 Wrote:Strange, I am running the latest nightly build and can watch RMVB DVDrip over smb share without any problems on my ATV2. However, the same video buffers often when I try to watch it on my iPhone 4 over wireless, so the network seems to play an important role.

Try copying your video locally to the ATV2 and playing it from there just to make sure your network isn't causing you the problems.

I am using the official release.

Maybe this is the problem.
I am having a lot of issue with RMVB, other formats ie AVI, DAT are ok? anyone can help?
I'm having the same issue.

All latest nightlies also stuter with SD rmvb files... I'm on vista 32 home premium...
makka Wrote:I'm having the same issue.

All latest nightlies also stuter with SD rmvb files... I'm on vista 32 home premium...

this is the iOS support forum, please ask in the win area.
http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=59
Hello All. Let me piggyback on this thread to ask for help...

I just installed xbmc on my 4.4.4 atv2 but it won't even show the .rmvb files on the list...

Any help would be appreciated...

thanks.
What list? Have you created a source? Can you see other containers?

Read the post on how to ask a question and try again.
g-off Wrote:What list? Have you created a source? Can you see other containers?

Read the post on how to ask a question and try again.

Thanks for the guidance...

Platform: AppleTV2
Version of iOS/ATV: 4.4.4
XBMC Build version and date compiled: 11.0 beta1 git:2011122-22ad8e4 Compiled Dec 24 2...(i don't know how to scroll to the right so I can see the rest...)
Install Method: apt-get

FULL Debug Log: I know it is not optional but I would really appreciate if we can at least try to start troubleshooting without this. If this can be an issue regarding my xbmc build or version, I will find how to get the log and post here but I would like, first, to understand if rmvb files SHOULD show up.

Detailed Instructions to Reproduce the Problem: When I click on Videos, select files and the location where the files are, the list of files that shows up contains my mkv and avi files but not any rmvb.

My files are on a Synology NAS storage but I am pretty sure the issue is not related to that as all my other videos shows up (and play) correctly.

Mt ATV is connected through cable to my router.

Note (not sure it helps): When using atv2 Media Player (this one was installed with ATV Flash Black 1.2), the rmvb files shows up only if I rename them to .rm. (they don play very smooth though but I not concerned with quality at this moment).

Any help would be appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RMVB playing slow?0