XBMC fails to import mp3 library
I've a pretty hefty 80GB MP3 library on an SMB share. XBMC on Xbox copes fine importing it, but on ATV and latest build it can browse the share, but when I try to import it to the library it freezes on the band "!!!" i.e. pretty much the first album that it comes to. When this happens, the GUI is usually responsive, but the library import does nothing. Anyone seen this or can offer any advice? It's not going to be very much use to me if I can't add my tunes to the library!
hmm, seems to be falling over when the folders contain M4A files. Which wouldn't be so annoying if a reboot didn't need a tethered jailbreak! Is this normal?
I am having the same problem. Freezes on a large import.

Also For some reason it fails to see any of my ID# tags. I tried converting them to v23 with no luck. If I try "Get Info" on a song all the fields are empty.
This is a known issue and is in the known issues thread up top in the stickies.
Hidd3nFury Wrote:This is a known issue and is in the known issues thread up top in the stickies.

Sheesh. So it is. Bit of a dealbreaker, mind. MP3 import to library doesn't work...
Most definitely a temporary issue. Sit tight and it will be fixed. In fact it may have already been fixed in the unofficial builds (also in the stickies), I'm not sure I havent updated since the first unofficial.
Hi! i have got the same problem. The problem is the drm protection of some of the iTunes songs - you have to remove all drm of your mp3s to import the library correctly. If you wont reboot your atv2 you can ssh to the atv2 via terminal an use the command "ps -ax" to get all the running processes. Then kill the process with ../applications/... with the command "kill" and the process number. eg "kill 121"
So you have not to reboot if xbmc crashes during the import of som drm files.
Greetings Florian
zauberflo Wrote:Hi! i have got the same problem. The problem is the drm protection of some of the iTunes songs - you have to remove all drm of your mp3s to import the library correctly. If you wont reboot your atv2 you can ssh to the atv2 via terminal an use the command "ps -ax" to get all the running processes. Then kill the process with ../applications/... with the command "kill" and the process number. eg "kill 121"
So you have not to reboot if xbmc crashes during the import of som drm files.
Greetings Florian

No drm at all...cheers for kill tip though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC fails to import mp3 library0