BluRay ISO: Auto-mount and play with PowerDVD? (re: can't figure it out!)
I've searched and see different tutorials but I still can't figure this out...

Basically, I want XBMC to mount my ISO (via Virtual Clone or Daemon Tools) and then use PowerDVD to play the movie.

Is this possible?

Right now PowerDVD automatically plays and ISOs once they are mounted (ie. Windows Autoplay) but I'm not sure if I need to disable that, etc.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

EDIT: OK - I've figured it out using the built-in external player configuration. It's working good but I have two problems:

1) When my external player is launching, my desktop is shown. Can I prevent/hide that?

2) How do I kill my external player via my remote? (PowerDVD)
You can probably improve (1) by setting XBMC to use a fullscreen window instead of true fullscreen (System settings, System, Video output), though note that this will slow video playback. Try it and see if you can live with it.

Re (2): if you have a Microsoft remote or compatible you could configure a spare button to send alt-F4 or some other command that PowerDVD will recognise.

JR
Question 
I'm looking for the same thing...

Auto play Bluray iso files in XBMC.

I think i will get a external player (powerdvd) configured in XBMC.
But how do i automaticly mout/unmount the iso's??

or does powerdvd play the bluray iso's nativly? i havn't had a chance to install powerdvd yet.
1. Don't think you can hide desktop as external dvd player launches.
2. I programed an alt-f4 button on my remote to close dvd player, and it jumps right back to XBMC screen.
i use an batch script to automount the iso and start powerdvd.
i modified the playercorefactory to start the batch script if i want to play an iso file.
Andy, could you supply us with your script please?
it would be most helpfull.
eventghost is really suited for that kinda of stuff. You can close and open application and it support remote control

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BluRay ISO: Auto-mount and play with PowerDVD? (re: can't figure it out!)0