iPad Playback challange
All,

Well seriously... I thought that hacking the old XBOX platform had its challenges, but the iPad is a whole 'nuther level.

I successfully managed the tethered jailbreak and also succedded on loading XBMC.

CHALLANGE: I can't seem to play the source files.

My Environment: Source files are ISOs of DVD's that are on stand-alone NAS boxes. Info, fanart and cover art are stored insingle files on the NAS as well. N network wireless, great signal strenth... iPad is in the same room as wireless router for testing purposes.

When I choose "Add Video Source" and I browse and select "Windows network (SMB)", I recieve the following error:

Error 2: Share not available

Now, what is kinda interesting about this is that IF I manually enter the location, in my case "smb://ZEBRAITIS-NAS-1/public/Video/TV/"... THEN the iPad XBMC will query the NAS boxes, pull the file name, fanart (but not the tumbnail)

Still, I would be OK if I had to manually add the sorce locations... no big beal.

HOWEVER...

Once I select an item in the library to play, the error message that I recieve is:

Playback Failed
One or more items failed to play.
check the log file for details.

Oo

I have to say here that I am not sure how to check the log file on an iPad... System / File Manager doesn't seem to be much help

Any quick explanations why this may not play?

If not, please direct me to provide more info for issue resolution.

THANKS !!!
Sounds like a security access issue on the computer/nas that you try to connect to.
If it is a windows machine, try to use username "guest" on the ipad...

Sincerly

//Talle

Writen on my iPad.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iPad Playback challange0