Cannot add SMB shares on XBMC on Win7 64-bit
I've installed Dharma on my laptop which runs W7-64 and on which I've attached a couple of SMB shares as drive letters. XBMC does not see those drive letters nor will it let me browse to those shares using the built-in SMB browser.

These shares are served from a Linux NAS and set up to need no username or password. Other applications on the laptop have no problem accessing the underlying folders.

A search of the forum does not show anyone having run into this.

Am I missing a basic setup step somewhere?

Thanks.
Fire TV Stick, Xiaomi Mi Box, Tanix TX3 Mini (S905W), Fire TV with 4K, Apple TV 4K, Tanix TX3 (S905X3)
I think (and I may be wrong and this is my first time giving advice on these forums) that xbmc needs to have the SMB shares adding inside the application, not from windows.
So navigate to the Video menu and then add source, choose SMB and then navigate to the Linux NAS (I assume it should find it fine).

I hope this helps.
-Fonz
TheFonz Wrote:I think (and I may be wrong and this is my first time giving advice on these forums) that xbmc needs to have the SMB shares adding inside the application, not from windows.
So navigate to the Video menu and then add source, choose SMB and then navigate to the Linux NAS (I assume it should find it fine).

I hope this helps.
-Fonz

In fact, that is precisely what I was attempting to do with no success.

What did work was to edit the sources.xml file to add the appropriate path and restart XBMC!
Fire TV Stick, Xiaomi Mi Box, Tanix TX3 Mini (S905W), Fire TV with 4K, Apple TV 4K, Tanix TX3 (S905X3)
Ah, good work. Wasn't sure how you were adding the source to XBMC from your description.
Enjoy!
For grins, I checked out an HTPC that I had set up a while ago with W7 32-bit. While it's running a slightly different revision of Dharma, it can browse the SMB volumes through XBMC!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot add SMB shares on XBMC on Win7 64-bit0