AppleTV Losing WiFi
wiredliving Wrote:Just jb'ed and installed xbmc on (my first ever) apple product. atv Gen2

All worked well until i moved it to another location, and after a tethered boot, i too had problems with not having any connectivity within XBMC.

I was, however connected fine outside (ie the Apple TV interface).

Read a bunch of posts and looked like I had to re-JB and re-install.

BUT - not sure if its a fluke - i SSH'ed into the box and ran a "killall AppleTV" and after it reloaded - i magically had network access in XBMC again.

Thought i post it up - as i tried 1/2 a dozen times to do a tethered JB boot and had the same networking issue each time - before i tried this.

Hopefully it helps someone ;p

Cheers wiredliving. Thought I'd simply say welcome to the community. It's always encouraging to see someone who's spent the time digging and troubleshooting before calling out for help. Even more encouraging when someone takes the time to post a 'for the benefit of others' when they've resolved the problem themself. Thanks!

Hope you enjoy your new XBMC toy. I have it running on 2 old school XBOXs a Mac Mini and (as of this week) a shiny new Apple TV 2. Can't imagine you'll use any other Media Player once you've got XBMC up and running!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AppleTV Losing WiFi0