First XBMC setup
I am looking for some advice for my first XMBC setup. I am not looking to build my own HTPC, just something simple that that will play movies form my Sylology NAS.

I am thinking of purchasing the Aspire Revo 3700 and a remote (MCE probably).

Does this sound doable? Any suggestions?

Thanks
mosley Wrote:Any suggestions?

No. What you suggest will work just fine. Make sure the remote is Microsoft compatible i.e. an eHome/RC6 remote. The cheap end of the MCE remotes emulate a keyboard and can be a pain.

You don't say whether you'll be using Windows or XBMC Live: both work fine.

JR
I was going to start off with Windows but would eventually try XBMC Live.

I was thinking of eventually taking the HDMI output from the Acer 3700 to a splitter. Splitting the HDMI to two TVs in two different rooms. Any thoughts on this? And I think I would need an RF remote to control this from each room. Any suggestions for an RF remote? Again I just want to keep the remote inexpensive and simple.

Thanks,
If you use an RF remote you'll need to use a helper app like Eventghost to link it to XBMC. This is straightforward and lots of people hereabouts do it.

I can't comment on using a splitter as I've never done it. Personnally I would get a second HTPC for the second room, though obviously that's an expensive option.

JR
Sounds like its getting a bit more complicated than i'd like. Lets say I dont go with an RF remote. I looked at the Remote Control Reviews, but can anyone recommend an MCE remote?
I am thinking about the AVS Gear GV-IR01BK. Would this work? Any problems?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
First XBMC setup0