Music player
HI,

I'm kind of new in Xbmc world, I'm on windows 7 x64 and was wondering if there was a way to use my general music player (QCD with excellent play-back and dsp plug-ins) instead of what I've heard so far in my first Xbmc music listening ?

I use an Asus Xonar DX soundcard, a logitech Z5500 digital speakers set with QCD using Mad plug-ins and Izotope Ozone DSP that give me precise subtle analog modeling sound. Music in Xbmc doesn't give me that spectrum, full bass and rich colored spectrum !
You can add external players in playercorefactory.xml see the wiki article for more info:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...a_playback
well, thank you for your help. I tried to use that playercorefactory.xml in my \users\<profile>\appdata\roaming\xbmc\userdata with the wiki content tuned to my needs with no luck,then ended with a stripped version as :
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="QCD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="false">
<filename>D:\Program Files (x86)\Quintessential Player.exe</filename>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mp3" player="QCD"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

with no more luck. I do have the context menu allowing me to choose QCD but just nothing happens beside a fast tiny screen "flash" and nothing....
I copied and pasted your playercorefactory.xml then replaced "D:\Program Files (x86)\Quintessential Player.exe" by "C:\win32app\mplayer\mplayer.exe" because I don't have Quintessential Player installed, and it worked fine. That suggests that either there is an error in the filename or for some reason QP is turning its nose up at your MP3s.

Have a look at your log file (in %appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log). If I deliberately mis-spell mplayer.exe as mmplayer.exe I get the following errors in the log:

NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: C:\win32app\mplayer\mmplayer.exe "C:\win32app\mplayer\mmplayer.exe" "D:\XBMC\Music\MP3\AB\Abba\Abba\01 Mamma mia.mp3"
NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32 - Failure: 2

"Failure: 2" is the Win32 error code for "File not found".

JR
woww... I sure needed more time to figure it out.... I simply misconfigured it as I forgot to add QCD player name at the end of its path.... I needed to have :
D:\Program Files (x86)\Quintessential Player\qcdplayer.exe
Silly me!

Thank you for your input it helped me a lot !
But I figured something annoying : that opened dialog stating that the external player is activ and asking to click OK at the end... But when in a folder with more than the usual 5 or 8 songs, clicking OK is just a jump to the next song, not very ergonomic.

So, I think I'll have to stick with Xbmc player then, or use QCD outside of it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music player0