Issue watching 4oD content on YouTube
Hi all

I really want to use xbmc to watch 4oD content from YouTube, but I'm having a problem with the YouTube 2.0 plugin, which cant access the age gated content.

I can sign in with my youtube account to browse the content (which shows up automatically under 'YouTube Shows'), and I can select and watch some videos. However selecting shows that are rated 18 or over results in 2 error messages:

"Playback failed: you must be over 18 to view this content." (scrolls in the xbmc 'balloon' message area)

"One or more items failed to play Check the Log for details" (main pop up)

My first thought was that my Youtube account had been created with and under 18 age, but I created a new one from scratch with over 18 details with the same error occured.

So my questions are:

i) Does anyone else have this problem and has worked out a fix?
ii) Where is the 'Log' that I can look at for more details?

Thanks in advance!
Shameless Bump?
I can't tell what version I have installed myself as my gf is watching 4OD right now and I haven't enabled SSH on the media player, but as far as I can tell, it works fine for me.

I had the "you must be over 18" message, I logged in, then I was able to play an episode of The Inbetweeners without problems.

Can you view them on your account on youtube.com?
I'm also having this issue with The IT Crowd. The sames videos plays fine from the browser when logged in to my account.
Does noone know how to view the log? Im thinking I might find some clues there.
Same issue here. No warnings on the YouTube website but fails for 18+ stuff on XBMC.
Using the same account details on XBMC for Windows I can play anything, but I Linux I can't.
Baseless hypothesis here: could it be something to do with the ad formats that run prior to to 18+ shows? I dont get any of the ads on any of the content I can watch (the ads that run in youtube i mean) - does anyone get any of thes on any of youtubes content in XBMC?

EDIT

bitplane Wrote:Can you view them on your account on youtube.com?

Whoops missed this - yes I can, and in fact, I dont even need to log in, I just have to click a button which appears on a screen between selecting teh video from youtube search/the 40d channel page and the video player screen. This buttom appears whether if I am logged in or not and could, in fact, be very relevant to the problem.

Curiouser and curiouser...
iswasdoes Wrote:Baseless hypothesis here: could it be something to do with the ad formats that run prior to to 18+ shows? I dont get any of the ads on any of the content I can watch (the ads that run in youtube i mean) - does anyone get any of thes on any of youtubes content in XBMC?

EDIT

Whoops missed this - yes I can, and in fact, I dont even need to log in, I just have to click a button which appears on a screen between selecting teh video from youtube search/the 40d channel page and the video player screen. This buttom appears whether if I am logged in or not and could, in fact, be very relevant to the problem.

Curiouser and curiouser...

Hi, just wanted to chime in Smile

It's very difficult for us to test the problems with 4oD content as we're not based in the UK, if you could possibly find an 18+ video that's accessible outside the UK which currently fails we'd be happy to look into it, otherwise I'm afraid it would require someone based in the UK with python knowledge to submit a patch, either that or access to a UK proxy Smile
Videos I have had this issue with (that should be accesible anywhere) are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BpfydZdTE0

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmL35-EH0y0

hope that helps a bit...
BoiledMouse Wrote:Videos I have had this issue with (that should be accesible anywhere) are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BpfydZdTE0

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmL35-EH0y0

hope that helps a bit...

Bot of those videos play fine for me with the plugin (Im starting playback by using "Play Video by ID").. Huh

Could you perhaps try them again on you side with the plugins debug mode enabled and then include the full log on a site like pastebin?
jemelvyn Wrote:I'm also having this issue with The IT Crowd. The sames videos plays fine from the browser when logged in to my account.

I just tried a couple of The IT Crowd videos and have no problems here. Maybe it's account-related?
HenrikDK Wrote:Bot of those videos play fine for me with the plugin (Im starting playback by using "Play Video by ID").. Huh

Could you perhaps try them again on you side with the plugins debug mode enabled and then include the full log on a site like pastebin?

I will happily do this - I have enabled debug mode, where can I view the log?

Im now convinced that there is an iss to do with the ad formats in stead of/as well as the over 18 content. I just tried to watch a UK gameshow called countdown that also has the ads and I got another error, (though not the over 18 one.) "One or more items failed to play. Check the log for details"

When I find this elusive log, I will test a couple of videos: with ads and without, over 18 and not, and over 18 with ads.

Thanks for helping!
iswasdoes Wrote:I will happily do this - I have enabled debug mode, where can I view the log?

Im now convinced that there is an iss to do with the ad formats in stead of/as well as the over 18 content. I just tried to watch a UK gameshow called countdown that also has the ads and I got another error, (though not the over 18 one.) "One or more items failed to play. Check the log for details"

When I find this elusive log, I will test a couple of videos: with ads and without, over 18 and not, and over 18 with ads.

Thanks for helping!

I dont know what operating system you are using so i can only refer you to this link:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_File
HenrikDK Wrote:Bot of those videos play fine for me with the plugin (Im starting playback by using "Play Video by ID").. Huh

I tried a video again, with debugging enabled, accessed the video through "favourites" and recieved the error message "Playback Failed: You must be 18 or over to view this video"

Pastebin of log is here: http://pastebin.com/fkKXR7xc

(hope I did that right)

Edit: actually I don't think I did, I think that is a generic xbmc log and you want the log for the plugin. I've enabled logging in the youtube plugin settings but haven't figured out where it creates the log. I'll keep looking...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue watching 4oD content on YouTube0