ASRock vision 3d can't get started
Hi, got my new asrock vision 3d out of the box this morning all geared up getting xbmc up and running but i'm stuck at the 1st bend

i can't get the rock to boot anything from the installation cd, and theres no option in bios to boot from usb so i cant install xbmc live?

all i keep getting is an annoying black screen with white writting telling me to in insert boot device and press any key to re-boot,

any help much appreciated im pulling my hair out here
have you burned the CD properly? I mean, burning the iso, not uncompressing and burning the files as a data cd?

About the USB boot.. are you trying from the USB 3.0 or 2.0 ports? Is there any Legacy USB option or similar in the BIOS?
Theres nothing to do with USB in bios boot options at all,
Just sata cd/DVD and hard drive
I downloaded the iso then copied it to USB but until I can get bios to boot from USB that won't matter will it?
I also tried unrar xbmc live and put as data disc
I had USB in a 3 port should I use the USB 2 ports?
Do u think I should write xbmc live as iso to a disc and try boot from there ?
Sounds like you copied the ISO to the CD media. You must burn an "image" to the CD with a burning application like ImgBurn and select "image" to CD/DVD.
download this --> Free ISO Burner

Then, use it to burn the xbmc-10.0-live.iso file blank Disc....

then try to boot it...
Thanks guys, i'm on this now i'll let you know how it goes
10-4
eskro........looks like you've nailed it,
i've found a guide that even i can understand for installing live on a barebone system so i'm working my way through that now, but XBMC is installing right now,
i have lift off finally
thank you
this is a day to remember!
so xbmc is installed, but the unit won't turn off with the remote, so i have to hold down the power button for a few seconds until it turns off,
then turn on again, xbmc starts up and looks like it will load, then i get a black screen with white writting asking for a ubuntu local host login, any idea whats occuring?
We have lift off,
XBMCFreak Nuvoton 10.00 v2 has installed and xbmc is working on my tv Big Grin

theres no audio yet but after a week of ubuntu writting i didn't understand sudo command this and that, i tried the above install and it worked 1st time, i finally have something on my screen that i can work with

Laugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ASRock vision 3d can't get started0