New Bootsplash Screens for Plymouth (Ubuntu 10.04+)
The Plymouth Boosplash Theme Library

I noticed a limited choice of XBMC splash screens for systems running with the new versions of Ubuntu. Though you only see the boot splash for a few seconds (hopefully), it's the first impression you get. I thought it would be great to start a library of customized boot splashes to add to the already great library of customizable choices that XBMC provides. The first six are here:

Cirrus Earth Sunrise=>ImageSimplicityGears=> Image
Aeon =========> ImageConfluence ===> Image
Transparency ====>ImageCirrus =======>Image

UPDATE 13 March:
After a complete re-vamp of the script, recreation of the XBMC logo from scratch and some creative work in GIMP image editor, Cirrus Earth Sunrise and XBMC Simplicity Gears are here. The script allows the graphics to scale to any standard X > or = Y resolution (theoretically). The lessons learned have been applied to the previous themes, so all should be flexible, modular and easily customizable now. Hopefully this will spark some new interest and ideas, since the possibilities of Plymouth are a bit more evident in this theme than the previous ones.

If you find these themes useful, have thoughts on improvements, or have a great new idea for a theme please comment, since that's the only way the library can expand and improve.

More info, videos of the themes in action, and instructions on downloading and installing can be found at: http://madsailor.wordpress.com/

Note: These boot splashes have been tested on intel graphics at the resolutions of 800x600,1024x768 and 1366x768, if you have difficulties with alternate resolutions or hardware please read the helpful info on the thread below, and then post here if your issues aren't resolved.
You can checkout the other available bootsplash by excycle here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=75502&page=2
Enjoy!
Looks great. I've bookmarked it and will get this installed when I have a few free minutes. Any chance to get a Cirrus (or specifically Cirrus Extended) version thrown together. Or at least a rundown on what needs to be edited.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
htpc guy,
I threw together a cirrus version that will DL with the others for you. The script is pretty straightforward, so you can easily change it for whatever skin you are using (just takes a little GIMP editing action for the graphics). Let me know how these themes work on your setup.
Hello,
I realize this is a very old thread, and I apologize for resurrecting it.

I am trying to install the aeon theme from the list by following the Readme. I am running the latest stable release of XBMC Live off a usb stick.

Everything went fine until I get to update-initramfs, and the I get this:

update-initramfs is disabled since running on read-only media

as far ask I know, I can write to the usb stick, and I have plenty of space left.

I'm guessing something on the bootable partition is readonly. If so Is there a way to "un- readonly" this?

Is my only other option to install Ubuntu Linux and then XBMC separately?

I am new to XBMC and even newer to Linux, so please forgive any noobness.

Any guidance is much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
This is really look good. I like this screens. I want to install in my PC. Can you please tell me how can i install this theme. Plymouth Locksmith

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Bootsplash Screens for Plymouth (Ubuntu 10.04+)2