Pre-configured XBMC Live System
Lightbulb 
I first want to say hello to the community! I've been using XBMC personally for quite a long time. The work you all do is incredible. From the developers, to the skin creators, to the plugin in makers. Its is truly incredible how far XBMC has come.

I am making this post, because I am part owner in a company that currently makes windows based HTPC. We are investigating releasing a pre-configured XBMC Live system. What i wanted was feedback from the community. I wanted to gauge the interest in something like this and find out what things would be important to include. Here is the feedback I am interested in.

What price point would this kind of system need to be?

What form Factor would you prefer?

What plugins or software should be pre-installed and configured?

What else would you consider important?

If we go forward with this project, we would also be interested in hiring a developer to create a custom skin, and possibly some plugins. If you are interested in working with with us, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I look forward to your feedback.
I wouldn't think that there would be an issue with selling hardware with the software pre installed. I would just advise that you charge for the hardware and labor for install and make it clear that you are not charging for the software. This is a free program and I think that everyone feels that you should not be charging for the software. On the other hand I would say that you would be in the clear as far as charging for hardware and your time.

I would think that you would be hard pressed to find someone to develop a custom skin for your product. I assume you just want to include your company logo? Maybe a better alternative would be to replace the XBMC splash screen with something that would show your companies logo and the XBMC logo. This is easy to do. I believe your customers would find a company logo on their media center to be distracting.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
Thanks htpc guy. I do understand the guidelines of the GPL, and we would only be charging for the hardware, and the work we put into setting it up.

Regarding the skin. Branding isn't the concern. Its more that I have tested many of the skins available, and while many of them are great, I have some ideas that I would like to see implemented.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pre-configured XBMC Live System0