automatic scraping of videofiles does not work
I have my +400 videofiles in a folder on a NAS. I have mounted this NAS folder as an SMB Source in ATV2 and I can see and play all videos in the video file mode.
When I "set content" of this folder to "automated scan" XBMC starts to scan and after about 30 secs the scan-bar (screen top right) has obviously finished the whole folder.... but none of the videos has be listed in the library nor has it downloaded any movie-infos etc.
Of course I have set the option to TheMovieDB etc.

When I do a manual content search for each videofile then it finds and downloads immediately the correct movie infos fanart etc. and lists it correctely in the library with posters, thumbnail, infos etc.

I already tried to alternatively add the NAS folder in UPNP Mode, but this does not work either in the same manner.

Where could be the problem?

Which is the correct actual built of XBMC? (I have pre 10.5 rUnknown Jan/17/2011
noone has any idea? Am I the only one who hast this kind of problem? Can't believe this.

Which is the actual release for ATV2 ?
As stated all over this forum, especially in my unofficial build thread and the 'ios current issues' threads stickied at the top that scraping has problems.

The common suggestion is to use mysql and use an actual computer to do the initial scraping, which is what I do.

The 'correct actual' build is the latest official, which was compiled a few days ago, or one of my latest unofficials.

It will be released when it's finished. If you want perfection, please don't use this branch until it's officially stable which will be awhile.

Otherwise please use the search function as much as possible and don't repost the same issues over and over.
Apit... which scrappers are you using?

I checked the latest official build with IMDB, The MovieDB and OFDB. Worked automatically with all of them.

For TV-Series, i used The TVDB in german (automatic scrapping) without any problems.

The files (avi and mkvs) are only gathered in one folder, so it is like this for me:

- folder movies (added as source in xbmc)
-- movie1.mkv
-- movie2.avi
-- and so on

Maybe something is wrong with your folder structure.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
automatic scraping of videofiles does not work0