UPnP problems (forget share / can't add upnp ip / won't scrape)
I have issues with SMB share and then i mean it buffers often. So i try now the UPnP option. I downloaded a UPnP AV client called Playback(MAC) and share my folder(s) i want to share and that works. XBMC see the client and i can add it to video sources via option upnp devices. Here you can see the screenshots and the weird adress I get(that maybe the problem?):

When i added the share and i want to set the content it won't scrape the moviecontent. It try to scrape, but after 2 min or so XBMC crash. Not many movies in it, 4 or 5. When i not let it scrape i can reach the movie files and play them. But when i restart XBMC it is forgetting the added share.

And then I have the following problem. When i try to add the UPnP share manually; upnp://10.0.1.4:1901 or upnp://10.0.1.4 it can't be seen(10.0.1.4 is ofcource the ip of the upnp share computer.

Update: Test it on the Apple Tv and with the scraping it won't crash, but it does nothing :-)
Just tried with Playback, it works just fine.
It's fast, real fast. Oh and there is no buffering whatsoever. Wink

I have it set up like this :

I see left above the mac icons, did you test it on a ipad or apple tv?

And if you did, scrape it the movies and if you reboot is the added source still visible?

EDIT:
Tried it on my mac with XBMC also, and exact the same probems
Reverb Wrote:I see left above the mac icons, did you test it on a ipad or apple tv?

And if you did, scrape it the movies and if you reboot is the added source still visible?

EDIT:
Tried it on my mac with XBMC also, and exact the same probems

I used the mac client just to take the screen shot. I have it running on my ATV2.
I did not scrape as its just as a last resort if I have a movie that buffers all the time. I use the SMB share as my main.
When I reboot, its still there.
you simply can't scrape on upnp, xbmc don't support it
Aha ok thnx...Then is that no option for me Smile. Is it also normal the share is forgotten as soon you did a reboot?
And why isn't supporting XBMC scraping for movies? The weird thing is that it work better for me than smb. With upnp i can even play 1080p movies without much buffers.
Just to update my previous post, it DOES resume where left off. I guess there was a glitch.
Everything "Just Works" now.
ppic Wrote:you simply can't scrape on upnp, xbmc don't support it

ROFL... I tried hours to figure out why it wouldn't scrape with upnp! Eventually I just gave up haha.
Anyone know if scraping on UPnP is on any to-do list for future support?
HDClown Wrote:Anyone know if scraping on UPnP is on any to-do list for future support?

Hope it will, cause for a lot sharing via upnp is the solution for 'bufferless' movies.
ppic Wrote:you simply can't scrape on upnp, xbmc don't support it

I don't mean to step on any toes with my first post here or anything, but I have successfully scraped my entire Movies directory via UPnP 3 times now. It's on a NAS (DNS-321).

I can make a video or provide screenshots if there is still a widespread belief that this isn't possible. I would love to raise some discussion around it because I have not yet had any success scraping my TV Shows directory. Making a post regarding that soon.
Anyone have a recommendation for a UPnP server we can use on windows ? I am doing WIndows SMB->wiredethernet->airport extreme->wirelessN->Apple TV and it buffers for large file sizes /higher bit rates.

Thanks.
echopleks Wrote:I don't mean to step on any toes with my first post here or anything, but I have successfully scraped my entire Movies directory via UPnP 3 times now. It's on a NAS (DNS-321).

I can make a video or provide screenshots if there is still a widespread belief that this isn't possible. I would love to raise some discussion around it because I have not yet had any success scraping my TV Shows directory. Making a post regarding that soon.

I've never seen scraping working with UPnP so that is pretty interesting. I'm pretty sure D-Link use Twonky but I could be wrong.

Some of the PC servers I've tested;
Serviio - doesn't work at all and can lock up XBMC if trying to exit unless you manually cancel the scanning process.

Mezzmo - can scan the server but gets the ID wrong for all the movies.

Twonky - same as Serviio goes nowhere and can lock XBMC.
Starstream Wrote:I've never seen scraping working with UPnP so that is pretty interesting. I'm pretty sure D-Link use Twonky but I could be wrong.

Some of the PC servers I've tested;
Serviio - doesn't work at all and can lock up XBMC if trying to exit unless you manually cancel the scanning process.

Mezzmo - can scan the server but gets the ID wrong for all the movies.

Twonky - same as Serviio goes nowhere and can lock XBMC.

You can install and use Twonky, however I am using the default UPnP option that is in the DNS-321 admin section.

Perhaps some additional investigation could lead to solving some UPnP issues...? I'm more than willing to follow some requests and post results if people with the "know-how" want to take a look!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UPnP problems (forget share / can't add upnp ip / won't scrape)0