[AppleTV2] Error 2: share not available
I am trying to add a video source from my iMac but when I select Windows network (SMB) I just get "Error 2: share not available", what am I doing wrong?
Ive had this a few times, I just go back to the menu, Hold the menu button down, let XBMC quit and then just go back in and it seems to work fine
I'm suffering from the same issue...
Everything was going well - but now I'm stuck. I've tried resetting the ATV2, connecting via ethernet + 802.11.n... but I'm stuck.
Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
systemx Wrote:Ive had this a few times, I just go back to the menu, Hold the menu button down, let XBMC quit and then just go back in and it seems to work fine

No such luck I'm afraid, I even rebooted the ATV2 (all I can say is thank you Chronic Dev Team for the untethered JB!) but the only effect this had was losing the wi-fi connection, needless to say that caused more than a little anxiety.

Any other suggestions before I just give up...again?
Same here, I have internet connection but can't browse smb shares, at first I could, but now I'm stuck Sad

I will try tonight to add a smb share by ip, hope it helps
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=94079
Vero 4k+ | OSMC Kodi 19.1
Sony KD-65A1
Whenever i've had this, i needed to reboot the machine hosting the shares.. came straight back then. however i've reflashed to go untethered and not had the problem since.
Well I've tried everything listed here and in the linked thread posted by Bobby Blixberg, still no cigar :confused2:
Are you connecting to a Windows 7 SMB share?
I use an iMac running OS X 10.6.6, I assume that this connects in the same way as a Windows 7 system would via the "Windows network (SMB)" share option when adding new sources, is this not the case?
I have the same "Error 2: share not available" issue with ubuntu 10.10 smb shares
type: killall AppleTV...work for me..
Reboot of ATV2 doesnt fix the issue for me
mst1984 Wrote:I use an iMac running OS X 10.6.6, I assume that this connects in the same way as a Windows 7 system would via the "Windows network (SMB)" share option when adding new sources, is this not the case?

When doing file sharing on the Mac, make sure to go into "options" and turn on "Share files and folders using SMB (Windows). Many people forget to do that step, therefore clients such as Windows, Linux, XBMC can not connect to the Mac shares.

Also, make sure you allow at least read access to that share.
^ Cheers dude.

Funnily enough I worked this out shortly after reading Candor's reply and, I don't know why but something clicked when I read it and so I Google'd "how to enable SMB sharing on a mac", it was all downhill from there really, so much so that I forgot to post saying that I had finally sorted it out!

Now to tackle why it won't let me install a new skin from a zip file, answers on the back of a postcard...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Error 2: share not available0