Buffer/NAS DVD ISO RAR Issues
Hi All,

I have my dvd collection stored in .iso files. I then rar those .iso files too save space. When I use xbmc on my pc, I have no problem playing back these files. However when I play it on my Apple TV 2 with xbmc, it buffers like crazy. Maybe gets 10-15 seconds in. Is this because the atv2 is trying to do the processing of extracting the RAR and .iso file and cant keep up? Or is there something else I am missing?

I have the files stored on a NAS drive with a 802.11n network. It works like a charm on my pc without lag.

Any input is great.
Thanks
edster0036 Wrote:Is this because the atv2 is trying to do the processing of extracting the RAR and .iso file and cant keep up?
Try this: Un-RAR one. See if the problem goes away

Your question will be answered.
Thanks. I will try that when I am home.
XBMC on ATV2 has iso support now?
Candor Wrote:XBMC on ATV2 has iso support now?

I don't think so. At least it doesn't work for me with the latest stable build though it claims so.
I'm able to play .iso files inside a RAR without an issue. Just laggy. But it does play. All try and single .iso file when I get the chance and let you know.
edster0036 Wrote:I'm able to play .iso files inside a RAR without an issue. Just laggy. But it does play. All try and single .iso file when I get the chance and let you know.

Have you tried to play the movie beyond the menu? For me it does display the menu but any actions there quits the play and goes back to the menu.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buffer/NAS DVD ISO RAR Issues0