Video mode changes on resume from sleep
Hi,

I run XBMC in a 720p 50Hz video mode. When I use the remote control to suspend linux, and then again to resume it, XBMC switches to the first resolution in the list supported by my TV, i.e. it starts up at 720p@50Hz, and then after a second, switches to 1080i@60Hz. 1080i is quite nasty looking on my TV.

I have added a "Modes" line to my xorg.conf like this:

Code:
Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen0"
    Device         "Device0"
    Monitor        "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth    24
    Option         "FlatPanelProperties" "Scaling = Native"
    Option         "HWCursor" "Off"
    Option         "NoLogo" "True"
    Option         "DynamicTwinView" "False"
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
        Modes      "1280x720_50"
    EndSubSection
EndSection

Which seems to have cured the problem.

However, it seems strange that I should need to do this, and that my Xorg.conf file is overriding the mode selected in XBMC - setting the modes line to "1280x720" causes XBMC to switch to 720p@60Hz, for example - when it doesn't affect the modes I can switch to within XBMC.

Using: XBMC Live downloaded last week sometime.

Platform: Linux (Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS - XBMCLive Dharma, 2.6.32
-26-generic i686). Built on Dec 17 2010 (SVN:35648)

Running on: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor

Using an NVIDIA GeForce 8400
(GS/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW!, GL_VERSION = 3.2.0 NVIDIA 195.36.24, GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION = 1.50 NVIDIA via Cg compiler)

I'm not currently in a position to upload a copy of the xbmc.log but the default video mode is recognized on startup:

INFO: GUI format 1280x720 default: 1280x720 @ 50.00Hz

and the sleep resume logging says:

NOTICE: OnSleep: Running sleep jobs
NOTICE: OnSleep: Stopping lirc
NOTICE: OnWake: Running resume jobs
ERROR: GLX: Same window as before, refreshing context
ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
NOTICE: OnWake: Restarting lirc
NOTICE: OnWake: Restarting lcd

Cheers,

Simon.
I think I have the same problem on Windows 7.
I suspend my machine using the remote control and when I wake the computer again, XBMC often (not always!) has changed the resolution...

I have set the resolution to 1920x1080, but the resolution is changed to much lower so that the GUI of XBMC is partly hidden... When exiting XBMC and starting it again, the correct resolution is used.

I haven't checked any logs or tried editing the setting files, but the problem description sounds just like mine! I use the latest XBMC 10, and I never saw this issue with XBMC 9...

/Tobias
I have the same problem. When I wake my pc up from S3 sleep mode, XBMC resolution is lowered. I have to shrink the window, close it and restart XBMC. I thought it was due to windows 7 aero but even when that is disabled it still is a problem......so I am guessing if version 9 did not do it that its a problem with the latest version....Bug fix?

Dave
Did a fix ever come to light for this issue? Revo with 10.1 on Win7 x64 here. Same problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video mode changes on resume from sleep0