Compiling XBMC on Hardy
Hi,

I've been trying to compile a svn(3df64e8) version of xbmc on ubuntu hardy but I'm getting a error when I run configure. I followed the ubuntu read me and installed the build dependencies using the PPA.

The error I'm getting is
Code:
yasm not found, use --disable-yasm for a crippled build
I've checked /usr/bin and yasm is installed. I also tried the --disable=yasm option but get the same error.

Wondering if it is just me or if hardy is not building at the moment.

config.log

Thanks
I had the same problem. I ran the command below to install yasm to get past the error.

sudo apt-get install yasm
I seem to have the same problem. IT seem to be related to the build setup for ffmpeg:

Quote:yasm not found, use --disable-yasm for a crippled build

If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
version from Git. If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
[email protected] mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.
Include the log file "config.log" produced by configure as this will help
solving the problem.
configure: error: Submodule lib/ffmpeg failed to configure
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

did the sudo apt-get install yasm, and nothing was installed. As inquired before, is this build broken for Ubuntu Hardy ?
we dropped hardy support a while back. i beliieve the yasm in hardy is too old.
@spiff - Thanks for the update...

It's funny but there seem to be much effort going on to build Ububtu Hardy XBMC distributions, and for supporting issues its suggested that we build "latest" version to determine if issues have been fixed before reporting them.

Are you saying that Hardy is not supported from a development perspective, and from a runtime perspective too.

If the former, its going to make it difficult to identify fixed problems, the later is flying in the face of all the distribution builders efforts, that make XBMC more accessible to the less technical amongst us, myself included (I can follow instructions, but much of it is going over my head).

Thanks again for your quick response...
Building trunk for hardy is not that hard. There are a few libs and support tools that you need to manually build and install.

yasm, curl, and libass for starters.

add gettext too
I am going to clone the XBMC ppa with apt-mirror and host this. When devs stop updating it, I will probably put out unofficial builds on my own repo. I can then push this update out automatically via APT.
Thanks for the replies, I'd forgotten about this tread.

Since April is quickly coming to an end I thought I would try this once again. Thanks to Davilla for pointing out what libs needed to be installed from source, I was able compile without the yasm error but now make is throwing up a new one.
Code:
make -C xbmc/dbwrappers
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ben/xbmc/xbmc/dbwrappers'
CPP     Database.o
CPP     dataset.o
CPP     mysqldataset.o
CPP     qry_dat.o
CPP     sqlitedataset.o
sqlitedataset.cpp: In member function ‘virtual int dbiplus::SqliteDatabase::connect(bool)’:
sqlitedataset.cpp:211: error: ‘SQLITE_OPEN_READWRITE’ was not declared in this scope
sqlitedataset.cpp:213: error: ‘SQLITE_OPEN_CREATE’ was not declared in this scope
sqlitedataset.cpp:214: error: ‘sqlite3_open_v2’ was not declared in this scope
make[1]: *** [sqlitedataset.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ben/xbmc/xbmc/dbwrappers'
make: *** [xbmc/dbwrappers/dbwrappers.a] Error 2

When I googled I found a couple of pastebin posts from earlier this month getting the same error.

Heres my configure.log
Once again any help would be appreciated
You need a newer version of sqlite3 - the function sqlite3_open_v2 was added not too long ago. Alternatively, you could revert the functionality back to sqlite3_open and patch XBMC accordingly. You'll miss out on the keeping of old database versions on update, however.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks Jonathan,

I feel a little silly not trying that first since outdated libs were the reason I couldn't get it to compile in the first place. Anyway all working now.

I think playback has gotten even better with the crystalhd decoder less dropped frames on startup and I really like the tweaks to confluence it's looking even more polished.

Thank you for your continued effort in making this the best media center around.
why not just do a distro-upgrade to a newer version of ubuntu? Smile
DV3B Wrote:Thanks Jonathan,

I feel a little silly not trying that first since outdated libs were the reason I couldn't get it to compile in the first place. Anyway all working now.

I think playback has gotten even better with the crystalhd decoder less dropped frames on startup and I really like the tweaks to confluence it's looking even more polished.

Thank you for your continued effort in making this the best media center around.

How you upgrade SQLite3?? I can't do it!. I downloaded 3.7 version, compiled, but I have the same error...

EDIT: Fixed, just download from sqlite website.
blm14 Wrote:why not just do a distro-upgrade to a newer version of ubuntu? Smile

Then you would not be running Hardy and we already know why Hardy is preferred (hint, audio over hdmi).
davilla Wrote:Then you would not be running Hardy and we already know why Hardy is preferred (hint, audio over hdmi).

At last!! I've completed the environment to build the nighlty releases under linux with crystalhd support!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compiling XBMC on Hardy0