Downgrade from 10.6.6 to 10.6.3
Hi guys having problem on the new mac mini connected via hdmi to my samsung led 40" tv Thought I had resolved by changing resolution in display preferences but it didn't ( movies seems to stutter every few seconds) looking at the threads it seems the best thing to do is downgrade to 10.6.3 does anybody know how to do this? I have found a 10.6.2 disc is that any use?? Main reason for this is all my movie files are converted via handbrake with original atv format, they play fine on my old mac mini 1.83ghz

Paul
Turn off VDADecoder.
Thanks for reply but tried that and it does not seem to work, I have tried all the different settings and to me when playing movies it looks like it glitches, I have tried the VDA decoder fix from xbmc freak but no difference, is it ok for me to downgrade from 10.6.6 to 10.6.3 reading the forum it suggest that might resolve the issue if that is the case how do I do that. All files play ok on my old ac mini 1.83 without any probs.

Paul
While the movie is playing, go to the movie options and turn it to de-interlace.
Tried that and a few other options, and not working, is it ok for me to downgrade to 10.6.3 and see if that resolves the issue??
I dont think that is going to help.

What are the specs on your machine? Have you tried adding more ram?
New mac mini with 2.26ghz and 2 gig of memory and graphics card is 320m, I have tried all the movies on both an old mac mini and my 6 year old windows computer and all play fine
Well you can try, but that seams as a waste of time as if your movies are done with HB and default atv preset, they will be playabe on iphone, let alone new mac mini.

I used 2nd hdmi on my samsung, in prefs set it to 'scan only' to allow 24fps.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Im sure I have tried hdmi 1 which is for pc and also hdmi 3, tv is 50hz, i can only presume it must be what some people talk about with the vda issue all files are playing ok on my old mac mini 1.83ghz with dharma 10. Will check the tv settings to make sure

Paul

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Downgrade from 10.6.6 to 10.6.30