With the introduction of ipad 2, will hdmi mirroing work with xbmc to the tv?
So with the introduction of ipad 2 and hdmi mirroring of all apps

Do you guys see this ipad replacing your apple tv.

I mean i dont see why i need an apple tv anymore, i get faster peformance on the ipad 2, and i can do everything the apple tv 2 can + more, browse the web etc etc.

anyways do you guys plan to support the ipad 2, and make hdmi mirroring work, so i can display it on my tv?Smile
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
Ofcourse, there's no reason to suspect it wouldn't work.

As soon as someone gets an iPad2 and can see if it goes (first step is ensuring it's JB'able).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

wow that would be so fantastic, thanks for the fast answer, love your work

im going to donate some dollars to you after my next paycheck, it isnt much, being a student is tough, but man you guys deserve it. ipad 2 isnt free, so maybe it will help to get some money so you can buy many of the apple devices

thanks again Smile
What Apple didn’t say in yesterday’s event was that their new Digital AV Adapter will also work on the iPhone 4, 4th gen iPod Touch, and original iPad.

16gb gen1 iPads can be had for 349.00 on apple refurb site. Not a bad deal...
But the mirroring will only work on the ipad2.

http://www.tuaw.com/2011/03/02/apples-ne...d-wont-do/
True, only video out will work on the old ipad.

Got one follow up question, if you notice the video on the apple.com site, it shows a woman in class demoing and app. However both sides of the TV got two black bars.

That got me wondering, will mirrored apps from the ipad 2 to the tv, be in 16:9 format or with black bars on the side. They say it will do 1080p, but that says nothing about the width.

I mean ipad apps are in a weird 4:3 resolution, so filling a 16:9 TV maybe kinda weird.
there are jailbreak apps that allow mirroring on ipad and iphone as well
New 4.3 iOS update will also be bringing audio/video airplay support between atv2, and iPhone/Pod/Pad!!

This is great news!!
henrikyo Wrote:True, only video out will work on the old ipad.

Got one follow up question, if you notice the video on the apple.com site, it shows a woman in class demoing and app. However both sides of the TV got two black bars.

That got me wondering, will mirrored apps from the ipad 2 to the tv, be in 16:9 format or with black bars on the side. They say it will do 1080p, but that says nothing about the width.

I mean ipad apps are in a weird 4:3 resolution, so filling a 16:9 TV maybe kinda weird.

Jobs said it will output 1080p. Therefore we may assume it really is able to render that resolution and be able to stream that to the hdmi output.
On the iPad screen, when playing HD movies, of course there will be upper and lower blacks to fill the screen hence the 4:3 display of the iPad.
iPad apps on the other hand, being 4:3 will output right and left blacks in a hdmi 16:9 screen output.

Of course will xbmc only work IF iOS 4,3 is JB'd so my guess is somewhere a month or 4,5 from now at best, fingers crossed Wink
What would be even cooler is if someone hacked airplay to mirror apps.
just to update this thread, i recently applied comex jailbreak to ipad 2 and two issues i'm having are that my LCD-TV connected via HDMI adapter looks like crap on all content (black borders on all sides) and no sound on (again, on HDMI).
babanoosh Wrote:just to update this thread, i recently applied comex jailbreak to ipad 2 and two issues i'm having are that my LCD-TV connected via HDMI adapter looks like crap on all content (black borders on all sides) and no sound on (again, on HDMI).

Because XBMC does not natively support the video out APIs yet.
On iPad2 with the apple HDMI adapter when in mirroring mode it is in 4:3 and bordered by the sides.
When in video mode it can output true 1080p, it really depends on the app capability.
Tried pre-jb with other media player (AVPlayerHD), have not tried with xbmc yet.
Further when in mirroring and rotate to portrait, you will see more borders Smile
Hope to see the a solution, where the ipad turns to "remote" with media control and meda description only and then the movie playback on the tv only.. Would be cool.. :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
With the introduction of ipad 2, will hdmi mirroing work with xbmc to the tv?0