How to turn off subtitles?
I play mainly DVD ISO images in XBMC, and quite frequently when the movie starts to play subtitles are enabled in the movie. I rip the entire DVD as-is, so I can just go to the DVD menu and turn off subtitles. It's annoying that the default isn't like a real dvd player, but I can live with that.

I recently ripped a BluRay and pointed XBMC at the .mts file. The movie played fine, but I have no way to turn off the subtitles.

I am making the assumption that this has to do with the way I rip the DVDs and BluRays, but have no idea how to correct this.

Can anyone point me at some hints?
Sorry if this is obvious but I know that pressing 'T' enables/disables subtitles in normal use. Is the problem that this doesn't work with the .mts/iso rips (I don't really use those)?

Also you can set the default for subtitles to be on or off through audio settings by enabling or disabling and using the make default for all movies option.

Sorry if you knew all that already and the problem just related to the way you rip the discs.
retro11 Wrote:Sorry if this is obvious but I know that pressing 'T' enables/disables subtitles in normal use. Is the problem that this doesn't work with the .mts/iso rips (I don't really use those)?

Also you can set the default for subtitles to be on or off through audio settings by enabling or disabling and using the make default for all movies option.

Sorry if you knew all that already and the problem just related to the way you rip the discs.

I didn't know about the "T" command but I'm using an Apple remote to control the thing so there is no "T" available to me at any rate.

I have looked a the subtitle preferences in XBMC and see no obvious setting other than what I already have that would indicate not to use subtitles, and since not all rips exhibit this behaviour, I figured it must be something I'm doing in the ripping process.

I usually use k9Copy to rip DVDs and I deselct all non-english soundtracks/subtitles. Did that once on a foreign movie and almost had to learn german Smile
What do you use to rip blu rays? Have you gone crystal HD to play them?
hold down 'menu'
shuggy Wrote:What do you use to rip blu rays? Have you gone crystal HD to play them?

I have been sticking to DVDs mostly, just recently started messing with BD.
I have been trying makemkv on my Linux box - it's free while in beta.

I'm on the latest macmini, so no crystal HD.
davilla Wrote:hold down 'menu'

Thanks! I'll try that!
Dalej Wrote:Use the menu, dummy!

Worked like a champ -- there's a menu that pops up at the top if you hold down the middle button of the old Mac Mini remote. I had been using the option on the right to go to the DVD menu, didn't even realize there were global setting on the left you can only get to from that location. I guess, never so those anywhere else while sifting through the application menus outside the Movie menus (is that the right name for them?).

Thanks for the pointer on that -- did I miss an obvious chapter in the manual?
Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to turn off subtitles?0