IOS 4.3 and SeasonPass + XBMC
I jumped off the 4.3 cliff last night due to aggravation from XBMC constantly closing from the update me garbage (the ignore the update apps did not work for me). So I updated one of my apple tv's I have four. Now when trying to load anything but nito tv I get malformed blah blah on line 1.

will reloading everything correct this error?

or is it something that has to be rewritten for 4.3?
i read some where here the xbmc its not compatible with 4.3 yet.
I'm getting crashes with 720p MKV files. Nothing in my debug logs that suggests a cause, though.
Success

I just blew everything out and started over. I assume I received a corrupted file at some point during the installation last night and this is why the software would not install after the Seas0npass JB. Everything is rocking now and working fine no issues in updating to 4.3.
I also get crashes when playing 720 mkv. Well he doesn't even plays it but goes straight to atv menu! Avi playing fine...
Any idea?
Some API's have changed so I think that there is no support for hardware decoding in 4.3... yet.
Oooh noooo. Damn 4.3! Hope they plan on fixing this:-(
in 4.3 hw decoder has changed and xbmc in the current state will not work on it, avi/divx/xvid will be fine but any h264 content that goes through hw decoder will crash

it is being looked at atm, but we strongly advise to not update to 4.3 at this stage
amet Wrote:in 4.3 hw decoder has changed and xbmc in the current state will not work on it, avi/divx/xvid will be fine but any h264 content that goes through hw decoder will crash

it is being looked at atm, but we strongly advise to not update to 4.3 at this stage

This is absolutely Correct. Between Apples darn update kicking me out every 20 to 30 mins regardless of what I did (turning off updates and install updatebegone)and not playing 264 I can live with a few files not playing for a few days. I know that the guys working on this port will own the 264 bug quickly.

all other content plays flawlessly for me on all four apple tv's
Use the hosts file to prevent the Apple TV from checking for updates... it's petty simple.

Paste the following via SSH, using either Putty if your a Windows user or the Mac/Linux terminal:

Code:
echo "127.0.0.1 appldnld.apple.com" >> /etc/hosts
echo "127.0.0.1 mesu.apple.com" >> /etc/hosts
echo "127.0.0.1 appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net" >> /etc/hosts
I recently bought a Apple TV 2 and when I connected it asked to update, so I stupidly allowed. Smile Is their any way for me to downgrade the firmware to a previous version if I do not have a SHSH blob? Is there somewhere to download a prior firmware and install it back on the Apple Tv2.

Thanks
tider37 Wrote:I recently bought a Apple TV 2 and when I connected it asked to update, so I stupidly allowed. Smile Is their any way for me to downgrade the firmware to a previous version if I do not have a SHSH blob? Is there somewhere to download a prior firmware and install it back on the Apple Tv2.

Thanks

No SHSH blob, no downgrade is possible. Period. That's the entire point of SHSH blobs in the 1st place.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IOS 4.3 and SeasonPass + XBMC0