• 6(current)
[WIP] Audio-Matic Automated Music Downloader/Organizer
Sorry for the lack of updates... My wife just had our 4th child on Tuesday, so I was a bit preoccupied, but it's back to coding tonight.
That should be excused Smile Great news on your little one - Congratulations!
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

compcentral Wrote:Sorry for the lack of updates... My wife just had our 4th child on Tuesday, so I was a bit preoccupied, but it's back to coding tonight.

dude congrats...take a few more days off because you wont have many more as #4 grows...I only have 2 and its a wonder I have any time to geek out with my htpc and xbmc setup.
Who cares about some stupid kid, programming is more important and I need Audio-Matic now!

April fools, seriously, I'm impressed with the updates and check this thread daily salivating at just the thought of it. Congratulations on the little babe, take your time I think everyone can understand the lack of updates that's a pretty good reason for slowing down progress. Honestly, I'm shocked you can completed as much as you did with a pregnant wife and three children!
I've been watching this like a hawk. Smile Great work so far. I'm interested in testing a dev build/alpha.

Couple requests: I'd like to see the ability to update XBMC after changes have been made. I also use subsonic and have that scan my music directory once a day, but some people might like the option to force a refresh when a new item is changed by your program. One last thing, please build in support for SSL.

Keep up the great work!
thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
Congrats on the new rug rat, the fourth is a LOT easier than the first.
What has been missing since the beginning of XBMC is a music manager/organizer looking at your progress it appears that this portion of your program is close to usable. A request would be to release this portion without the download ability to be able to scan/edit existing music. All the other media managers focused on movies/TV and planned to add music later, personally I am more into music and would find this very usefull. If it's not possible that's OK, I'm really looking forward to this.

Mike
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Thanks for the congrats everyone. I appreciate it. Luckily (if you can call it that), I have two full-time jobs where there is usually some down time that I can use for my programming projects.

ghostelement Wrote:I'd like to see the ability to update XBMC after changes have been made.

Already done! However, this could be expanded to actually update the database directly instead of telling XBMC to force an update. The difference is that XBMC has to be running to force an update. If I do an update by directly modifying the database, that means more code and code that could potentially become obsolete in future versions of XBMC. I would also have to support writing to mySQL databases for those that have configured XBMC to use them (not hard to code.. just more to do is all).

ghostelement Wrote:I also use subsonic and have that scan my music directory once a day, but some people might like the option to force a refresh when a new item is changed by your program.

I use subsonic as well (as you can see in my signature). I would love to add subsonic integration in any way possible that makes sense, so suggestions in that area are always welcome. I will investigate this suggestion further at a later date.

ghostelement Wrote:One last thing, please build in support for SSL.

The webserver component of this project is still pretty far off right now, but I will do my best to implement support for SSL connections when I finally get to it.

Dilligaf Wrote:What has been missing since the beginning of XBMC is a music manager/organizer looking at your progress it appears that this portion of your program is close to usable. A request would be to release this portion without the download ability to be able to scan/edit existing music. All the other media managers focused on movies/TV and planned to add music later, personally I am more into music and would find this very usefull. If it's not possible that's OK, I'm really looking forward to this.

Music management and organization is one of the main goals of this project and once this part of the app is complete, I will be releasing an alpha/preview release. Even after the app is finished, you can use it solely to manage files if you choose. Basic downloading functionality and post-processing is already working (although some of it needs revision before release).

My goal is to release a feature-incomplete alpha version of this app for testing by the end of the month. I may restrict this release to a select few for debugging/testing purposes only however. This just depends on how much progress I'm able to make by then.
i'm sure you're aware of most this info but I figure this may help you write your regex's.

http://www.sbytes.info/NFO/mp3rules1.1_with_notes.html
Thanks for that info. I was not aware of all of it. This will be a big help when setting up download quality rules (added to my todo list). I think I will use something like CouchPotato's quality settings for this, but with so many release types and the fact that this isn't always listed in the nzb/torrent, this will be difficult.
I'm now working on switching to using TagLib# (https://github.com/mono/taglib-sharp) instead of using my current ID3 Tag code. This allows more file formats to be supported and increased speed over my existing code.
When can we play?:p
bobrap Wrote:When can we play?:p

compcentral Wrote:My goal is to release a feature-incomplete alpha version of this app for testing by the end of the month.

@compcentral

Great tool you're working on ...
Thanks. I try to do a little (or a lot if I can) coding every day if possible. I've been working on a little code cleanup/debugging the past few days, so nothing exciting to report at the moment, but I'll be sure to update this thread as soon as I have something new started.
Today, I'm working on implementing a custom hashing algorithm to help me find potential duplicate song/album/artist names. So far, this seems like the best way to approach this.

I was going to implement a soundex function to find similar sounding words/phrases, but it proved to be to inconsistent for practical use.

Here is how this hash will be created so far:
  • Convert underscores to spaces
  • Convert to lower case
  • Remove noise words (ie. a, an, the, etc.)
  • Convert 1 or 2-digit numbers to corresponding words (ie. 1=one, 30=thirty)
  • Convert upper ascii into alphabetic equivalent (ie. ñ = n, Ö = O, etc.)
  • Strip away all remaining non-alphabetic characters and spaces
Hashing function is complete and duplicate song detection is working well.... I just need to pretty it up and allow for automated resolution of duplicates. I'll save that for tomorrow. Smile
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Audio-Matic Automated Music Downloader/Organizer3