AppleTV 2 - SBS MKV Files
Hi

I am considering getting a ATV2 to use with a 2TB NAS.
Once XBMC has been installed, will this play 3D SBS mkv files?

Thanks
Uncleiven Wrote:Hi

I am considering getting a ATV2 to use with a 2TB NAS.
Once XBMC has been installed, will this play 3D SBS mkv files?

Thanks

No.
OK, thanks.
I am watching 1080 SBS mkv 3D movies with my ATV2 with no problem at all. The picture processing (merging left and right) is done by my Samsung TV.
Ok, interesting.

How are you streaming to the ATV, whats the playback like?
My ATV2 uses my TimeCapsule external USB Harddisk as movie-source, so basically i am "streaming" from a NAS to my ATV2 via cifs.
What do you mean by playback?
Right ok.

I mean is the playback ok i.e not choppy/laggy/out of sync etc.

How is your network setup, is it over wireless, or connected directly to the router, or maybe even over a power line (homeplug).

Apologies for all the questions lol.
Well, the TV actually does the 3d merging work here so the limitations are the same as those for 2d 1080p mkv videos. If the bitrate isn't to high it plays lagg free with zero frame drops.

My NAS is connected via LAN, I did not bother testing WLAN neither any PowerLine solutions.
Ok great, thanks for your help.
I get ghosting with sbs ou mkv files with atv2 and Xbmc. But vlc on my computer works fine, could I ask what your setup is getting this to work with no issues? Versions etc. thank you much
I thought ATV2 was unable to process 1080p videos, even normal ones, in XBMC?

I'll have to re-read the FAQs.. I think I just gave someone a wrong answer in the other thread..
You can play 18 files but the atv2 will still only output to 720p.
(2012-04-30, 20:43)Silverkat0 Wrote: You can play 1080 files but the atv2 will still only output to 720p.

Yep, thanks for correcting me. Now i know I can use 1080p x264 vids with ATV2, but expect only 720p output.
Anytime! Do you happen to get ghosting when playing 3d mkv files through Xbmc? It's frustrating Undecided I can't seem to figure out why I get ghosting unless it has something to do with atv2 outputting 720p for 1080p sbs flick something to test when it get home...
Quote:Anytime! Do you happen to get ghosting when playing 3d mkv files through Xbmc? It's frustrating I can't seem to figure out why I get ghosting unless it has something to do with atv2 outputting 720p for 1080p sbs flick something to test when it get home...

Had the same issue, you've probably done some 'video calibration' to get all the corners, etc. fit in the screen.

Reset all your video calibration settings back to defaults and use the 'Zoom' function on the skin settings to achieve the same results (a zoom factor of -4% works fine with Sony Bravias from the experience!)

This resolved the ghosting issue for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AppleTV 2 - SBS MKV Files0