YaMBro - Yet another Media Browser (for Android)
Running 0.4

Question and suggestions:

- I've docked my phone with my PC and selected Ember and loaded up my database on my SD Card. Worked great
- I attempted to switch to XBMC and use myvidoes or whatever its called because I don't use Ember for TV Shows I use MIP instead, but the app will not use my XBMC database even after I told it too. It does give me an error message stating that the database I'm trying to use doesn't match what is selected. NO duh because I clicked use XBMC first then clicked on the path to myvideos.

- I really like the lists you have for system. That is so awesome to be able to pull up the last 25movies and dupicates. I'm always reripping things for better quality and to have it tell me I have doubles is awesome.
- It would be really nice if you could edit them. Instead of Last 25 maybe change it to last 10 or last by resolution or other various filters.

Suggestions:
- Add the bar code scanner so if/when your shopping you can scan a movie and have it check your current database. Sure its kinda overkill, but kinda cool. Wink
- I wonder how hard or impossible it would be to setup a download function providing that the user inputs all of his/hers login info to grab the database off XBMC using a Download button. If its even possible.
- List export by filter or more or less what ever is displayed would be very nice so it could be emailed to a friend possibly.
kizer Wrote:Running 0.4

Question and suggestions:

- I've docked my phone with my PC and selected Ember and loaded up my database on my SD Card. Worked great
- I attempted to switch to XBMC and use myvidoes or whatever its called because I don't use Ember for TV Shows I use MIP instead, but the app will not use my XBMC database even after I told it too. It does give me an error message stating that the database I'm trying to use doesn't match what is selected. NO duh because I clicked use XBMC first then clicked on the path to myvideos.

- I really like the lists you have for system. That is so awesome to be able to pull up the last 25movies and dupicates. I'm always reripping things for better quality and to have it tell me I have doubles is awesome.
- It would be really nice if you could edit them. Instead of Last 25 maybe change it to last 10 or last by resolution or other various filters.

Suggestions:
- Add the bar code scanner so if/when your shopping you can scan a movie and have it check your current database. Sure its kinda overkill, but kinda cool. Wink
- I wonder how hard or impossible it would be to setup a download function providing that the user inputs all of his/hers login info to grab the database off XBMC using a Download button. If its even possible.
- List export by filter or more or less what ever is displayed would be very nice so it could be emailed to a friend possibly.

- changing to another database should be working by first changing the database type and the the database path (but you said, you tried that already...? maybe there is something wrong with the myvideo34.db file? if you're not able to get it working, maybe you can try to uninstall YaMBro and configure it with the myvideo34.db from the start. If this is still not working, there's definitively something with the database file. you can send it to me for further investigstions

- creating filter list (saving pre-defined filters as list) is a good idea & will find it's way in the next releases

- list exports as well

- sanning the barcode isn't the big deal, but the barcode itself is more or less useless. we have no field to match it against in the database. We would need some kind of service to get the movie title from the barcode, than we could search for matches in the db. but there should also be some fuzzyness... If you know a web service that translates barcodes to titles, let me know (doesn't google offer something like this?)

- yeah, I know updating the db online is the most wanted feature request. but I can only repeat myself: at the moment we're not able to update the db in any way. It's a read only access. Therefor the most practical way is to copy the db every once and a while to the phone. If XBMC would offer to send the DB-file itself in a service request, we could at least avoid the manual file transfer. but updating the db would mean to build it new from scratch on the phone and figure put some kind of delta update for future updates (too much effort at the moment, so we'll stick to the manual file copy some more time. but we know: online updates would be a major step userfrienldy-wise)

thanks for the input!
On a Galaxy S Vibrant

Ok, tried to reload the database before and after an uninstall. Is there any files left over after the uninstall? Like Cache files or something? Or is there a file I can manually edit to change the database files. I'm rooted.

I can send you my database file if you want unless of course your app is looking for a specific build. I'm running 9.04 on my current XBMC machine. Its been working just fine and I've yet to update it because it was a pain to get it working just the way it is now. Wink
kizer Wrote:I'm running 9.04 on my current XBMC machine.

I guess this is the cause. We're checking the DB with specific db-queries, maybe they don't work on 9.04. you can zip & email your db for further investigations.
Sent it over to your email. Thanks for your help.
Lists: View last 25 Movies.

It would be really cool if you could pick the sort order. Sometimes I like to know exactly what was the last movies I added and since they are sorted A->Z it makes it difficult to know what was the last one added.
Hi,
we've just released version 0.5.
See first post for more screenshots.
Warning! Version 0.5 still assumes it's version 0.4. Will be fixed with new version tomorrow.
OK, corrected version 0.5 is now online (see first post)
Hey there,

we've finally release version 0.6 to public (beta-testing ;-). Thanks to all users that tested the dev-version and the feedback.

We've tried to implement all your feature requests in this version, but some are still on the ToDo-list for future versions.

The most amazing and desperately expected feature is the online updates for XBMC content. Yeah, we made it happen (but still in experimental status).

We know, the documentation runs out of date, so here is some brief introduction to the XBMC online updates:

Prerequisites
  • you've imported your MyVideo34.db to internal db (done in Settings main screen)
  • you've chosen "internal" as db path
  • you've set up XBMC connection in Settings

We're looking for some volunteers doing homepage-stuff, documentations, wikis, translations, etc.
If you're interested, don't hesitate to contact us.

We're looking forward hearing about your experiences with version 0.6

Thanks again,

Team YaMBro

PS: YaMBro moved to a new Homepage
Hi,

beginning with release 0.6.1, we put YaMBro in the Android Market. You can download further versions here.
Hi,
Version 0.7 was released in android market. It should be more stable and many new features were added
Wink 
Check out new version 0.71 at Android Market

This version should be more stable and now introducing a new feature: TheWall

(Show all your Movie covers or TV Show covers seamless on your smartphone/tablet)

Most of available Tablets should be supported now.

Have fun,

Team YaMBro
Interesting app. I just wanted to install it right from the market but for this use case I don't understand why the app requires so many market permissions.

What do you need e.g. location or contact details for?
ok, I try to shed some light:

System tools (prevent phone from sleeping):
during updates, YaMBro prevents sleeping to avoid interrupting the update process (that would occur when screen goes off)

Storage:
obviously to copy/delete/edit/etc database file from SD card

Your personal information (read contact data):

to add contacts from your phone to lists (e.g. borrow-list)

Network communication (full internet access):

to access covers online

Your location:
for location-based advertisments

Phone calls (read phone state and identity):
to access/generate unique ID for registration purposes ("read phone calls" is a bit intransparent for this access right)

We hope we could give adequate answers to your concerns,

Team YaMBro

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YaMBro - Yet another Media Browser (for Android)0