[MAC] Video playback settings for Mac Mini Server 2010?
Hi,

I recently bought a mac mini server with mac os x snow leopard server and xbmc works like a charm but I have strange issues with sound lag on some resolutions. If I run 1080p everything works fine out of the box, since I use that resolution in os x as well, perhaps? But on lower res like 720p and tv rips I doesnt quite work and I get some kind of "freeze"-lag depending on what setting I use.

Basically I am a beginner with all the technical stuff in different video codecs etc and I have been playing around with the settings for playback but I cant get a setting that work for all releases and resolutions. I use a Samsung 46" LCD TV and the mac mini is connected by hdmi.

Does anyone have any tips or run a similar setup? I think I need some configuration help on perhaps both my TV and my xbmc playback settings.

I did some searches in the forums but didnt find what I was looking for. Thanks for any input.

Details
Install: dmg
Hardware: 4gb memory, 2,66ghz c2d
xbmc: 10.1

Edit: I updated XBMC to 10.1 and it works if I change the native resolution on the mac to 720p instead of 1080p... any ideas? No sound lag on 1080p or 720p.. so it seems to be related.

/O
try this post
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87749
MBP late 2009 - TimeCapsule 2TB - Harmony One+ - Readynas NV+ 8TB RAID5 - Mac Mini late 2009 with 10.9.0 and VDA - Panasonic TX-PG420ES -

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Video playback settings for Mac Mini Server 2010?0