Adjusting Brightness etc in Video Settings (OSD)
Hi all,

First of all, great work on XBMC and the iOS version in particular.

I've been searching but couldn't find an answer.
I used to be able to adjust the brightness of a video in the Video Setting through the OSD (on Mac and XBOX). But when I open OSD on my ATV2 (and Iphone) I do not see this option.

Is it not possible yo adjust the brightness and contrast settings on XBMC for iOS?

Thanks in advance,

JW
jwmail Wrote:Hi all,

I used to be able to adjust the brightness of a video in the Video Setting through the OSD (on Mac and XBOX). But when I open OSD on my ATV2 (and Iphone) I do not see this option.

Is it not possible yo adjust the brightness and contrast settings on XBMC for iOS?

Thanks in advance,

JW

no.
Thanks for the reply. Will it be included in future releases or is it an ATV2/iOS limitation?
jwmail Wrote:Thanks for the reply. Will it be included in future releases or is it an ATV2/iOS limitation?

Have not looked into it.
jwmail Wrote:Hi all,

Thanks in advance,

JW

I recently moved over from my original Xbox to ATV2 and the process was very simple. So far I'm extremely pleased with the results (especially as no more fan noise from the Xbox in the background).

My only gripe is the lack of brightness and contrast option through XBMC ATV2. Is there a way we can add a ticket for this feature to be restored to the XBMC UI?

Many thanks.
Can I ask why you feel you need such a feature? Currently XBMC (at least on ATV2) does not pass BTB (Blacker than Black) or WTW (Whiter than White). But after performing calibration from a reference source, the ATV2 does match standard black and white.
Fair question. It's purely from a technical perspective, my LCD TV has a limited brightness and contrast ratio, and watching videos on the old Xbox with XBMC used to solve that problem beautifully with the brightness, contrast and gamma controls. You could argue time for a new TV but I miss this option for very poor videos. Having this manual override control also allowed me to view videos of varying quality on the xbox.
I have just bought an apple tv 2. after patiently waiting for the 4.3 jailbreak I now have XBMC on my ATV2 - great Big Grin

So why cant i have brightens/contrast etc on ATV2 when its present on XBMC on ATV1 (i know ATV1 is OSX and not iOS).

Is this some hardware limitation?
I notice this option is still not available. Also there hasn't been an update for the ATV2 for a while although all seems to be working ok except the brightness and contrast issue..
Eskeemo Wrote:I notice this option is still not available. Also there hasn't been an update for the ATV2 for a while although all seems to be working ok except the brightness and contrast issue..

I agree, everything else appears to work incredibly well for such a small - low powered device!

Please can we have brightness & contrast? Nod
Eskeemo Wrote:I notice this option is still not available. Also there hasn't been an update for the ATV2 for a while although all seems to be working ok except the brightness and contrast issue..

There are more important changes / fixes imo, you will be waiting a while I reckon.
rickrude Wrote:There are more important changes / fixes imo, you will be waiting a while I reckon.

Ok, i understand. is the feature already requested on ATV2?
Bumping for 2012 as this is still the top search result on google for this issue. Any chance of brightness and contrast controls on atv2 xbmc?
Eskeemo Wrote:Bumping for 2012 as this is still the top search result on google for this issue. Any chance of brightness and contrast controls on atv2 xbmc?

Probably not until after Eden final is released.
Ned Scott Wrote:Probably not until after Eden final is released.

Maybe never - we should consider this option too guys.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adjusting Brightness etc in Video Settings (OSD)0