Creating custom fanart, thumbnails, ect..
I am very new to xbmc and I am trying to learn the basics for creating a great media center. I have been searching this forum daily trying to get ideas. I came across many post that talk about using .nfo files to substitute the scrapers that xbmc gives you. This sounds like a great idea because I have had to redo my library a few times already and it is annoying to re-do everything.

The problem is... like I said.. I am new to this and I cant figure out what any of it means. I would very much appreciate it if someone could point me in the direction of a detailed post about this that could be understood by a complete noob like myself....

thank you
http://code.google.com/p/moviejukebox/wiki/NFO_Files

generally you dont really have to redo the library in xbmc assuming you have your files named correctly, watch yourself when naming tv once everything is named using the correct naming conventions you can export your library to say a thumb drive. The only time I end up using custom NFOs is when I am adding stuff that is not in the scraper and ember media manager makes pretty quick work of that. Best of luck
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
thank you
I was using Ember Media Manager to scrape and add metadata for my movies, unfortunately the original/official version was scraped but since it was OpenSource, others have picked up the pieces and created EMM-Revisited.

I use SickBeard along with Sabnzbd+ for TV Episodes.

Having all the metadata stored locally means XBMC can update much faster if/when you need to rebuilt your library.
XBMC Media Companion is a windows program which create NFO files for your media library, in case your media is stored on a windows machine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Creating custom fanart, thumbnails, ect..0