Mac Mini and Harmony conundrum
OK - I have found threads on here and they all seem to be old.

Whats the best was to get the most of of the Harmony.

I had XBMC on a PC previously and had the harmony hooked up as a simple media centre Keyboard, so could program the keys to do whatever I want using the XBMC Keyboard shortcuts.

Is there some way possible to do this on OSX?

I've tried the Plex method and it doesn't seem to cut it. - No Context menu control? Also buttons don't seem to do the right things.

So... whats the best way?

Thanks
prowlmedia Wrote:OK - I have found threads on here and they all seem to be old.

Whats the best was to get the most of of the Harmony.

I had XBMC on a PC previously and had the harmony hooked up as a simple media centre Keyboard, so could program the keys to do whatever I want using the XBMC Keyboard shortcuts.

Is there some way possible to do this on OSX?

I've tried the Plex method and it doesn't seem to cut it. - No Context menu control? Also buttons don't seem to do the right things.

So... whats the best way?

Thanks

Check out remote buddy for OSX - perfect solution for harmony and mac mini
You do not need remote buddy for harmony and all the buttons do the right thing and there are 64 of them! context menu is 'menu' and resides on the 'menu' button.

IN harmony ad the PLEX PLAYER as a new device.

Like every other function of the god awaful harmony software you have to fiddle a bit to make sure the buttons have the right functions, for instance on the harmony one you need to set 'exit' with 'exit' and the back button with 'back'

otherwise you should be set.
Hmm,

I've done that as per this thread.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=379003&postcount=1

But only some buttons seems to work the way they should. In the menus for example: info just works as "up" and guide as "down" the buttons are set to info and guide. it's odd - and I cannot get the context menu at all for files - ( to change the title / artwork etc ) menu just takes you back to the menu - but also in an odd way - if I am go main menu > movies > (MENU BUTTON) > it takes me to the Genres not the main menu or up a level!?!

This is the latest XBMC stable build. Remote set to universal in XBMC ( seemed to remember seeing Harmony in there a while ago - not appearing now )

nb: By "back" do you mean previous?
Harmony one by the way.

Thanks
anyone?
prowlmedia Wrote:anyone?

As sting2010 says - try Remote Buddy - great solution - you can also create some Custom Buttons that runs Applescript f.ex. start XBMC and quit XBMC.

There's a good guide here:
http://funwithcomputers.wordpress.com/20...n-ir-port/
Prowlmedia it sound like you have not set system prefs to use 'harmony' it sounds like its set to 'apple remote'

Set it to harmony then quit and relaunch plex.

I'll state again you do not need remote buddy. Infact remote buddy only shows the same commands as PLEXPLAYER, just sounds like an added layer of complexity.

Pli6's link is 3 years out of date.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mac Mini and Harmony conundrum0