• 27(current)
[old] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues (here for archival purposes)
Hey guys, I'm back from vacation!
I will look into doing a pvr build and should have new builds out soon.

We also still need OSX and iOS testers for AudioEngine 'pre-merge' usability testing. So if you use digital audio and have OSX and/or ATV2 please help out and join #xbmc-ae on freenode and I'll invite you to our private testing dropbox.
keith Wrote:Hey guys, I'm back from vacation!

We also still need OSX and iOS testers for AudioEngine 'pre-merge' usability testing. So if you use digital audio and have OSX and/or ATV2 please help out and join #xbmc-ae on freenode and I'll invite you to our private testing dropbox.

Would users with an iPhone 4 and the HDMI adapter be of any assistance?
Keith,

I only work with digital audio and HDMI. Yamaha RV X1900
Have 3 Apple TV's 2 with official released XBMC and one with
Nightly build to check how the updates are going.

I also work with dreambox sat receiver and open the Tuxbox network to stream
tv channels to XBMC. This function well on the computer and the official release
of XBMC Apple TV 2.

I can also check the audio stream in my music studio.

Jan Holleman

I can test if you want!
Keith,
I have two items of apple tv 2, ipad, iphone 4, one of atv2 is connected with Logitech Z 5500 (THX, DTS, Doldy Digital) 5.1 optical. I want participate in test of audio angine, also I can compile builds for atv2 and ios with xcode.
keith Wrote:We also still need OSX and iOS testers for AudioEngine 'pre-merge' usability testing. So if you use digital audio and have OSX and/or ATV2 please help out and join #xbmc-ae on freenode and I'll invite you to our private testing dropbox.

Joining!!! I've both of them!!
hi,
I have some problems with the add on:

I have a problem with xbmc and the official repo, there is no add on in this repo (the repo is empty, no skin, no program...).
Maybe someone had the same problem and someone else gave the solution, but I didn't see anything Sad

I wanted to install hulu too with the bluecop repo, but it says "broken".
Is it a problem from this build?
Is someone has a solution??

ty
Hi Guys,
I bought an ATV2 the other day and have XBMC running well with the latest nightly build. I use Windows 7 MCE to do my recording and was very happy when the WTV files came up on XBMC. But there is one problem, for a 40 minute recording it only showed 9 minutes on XBMC, I checked another file that went for 1 hour but in XBMC it only went for 26 minutes. As soon as I convert the file to DVRMS it shows the entire recording in XBMC. Weird! Has anyone else come across this? Any help would be great.

Cheers,
RXII
keith Wrote:Hey guys, I'm back from vacation!

Ahh, new builds. Goldfish!
Thanks Keith, can't wait.

I wished I could help you test digital audio.
xbmc (may 16) on atv2 is just amazing :

- 720p tv shows and even 1080p movies (i've tested a 22go file) are running smoothly

- digital output is working, but i need to turn on the "16 bit" option on the ATV2 native menus, before that it output digital noise on my cheap receiver (a creative ddts-1000).

- some random crashes (not too often, perhaps when scraping and watching simultaneously)..

A lot of thanks for this wonderful job.
Alot of perks in this nightly build (particularly H/W accelerated .mkv); and while I know we're not looking for add-on bugs, Navi-X has issues when performing a "search." It'll lock up the currently nightly build rather quickly Smile
jerle69 Wrote:Alot of perks in this nightly build (particularly H/W accelerated .mkv); and while I know we're not looking for add-on bugs, Navi-X has issues when performing a "search." It'll lock up the currently nightly build rather quickly Smile

Oh good - that's not just me then...Laugh
I posted in the wrong section. I wonder if anyone know how-to set a default startup window when xbmc is loaded for PRE11.0. In v10 is called the "make default" option. I can no longer find in PRE11.0. I tried the following,

Quote:I added "<default pathversion="1">Movies</default>" My movies does not startup at xbmc launch.

Quote:
<sources>
<programs>
<default pathversion="1"></default>
</programs>
<video>
<default pathversion="1">Movies</default>
<source>
<name>Stand Up</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://XBMCLIVE/media/AppleTV/Stand Up/</path>
</source>
<source>
<name>TV Shows</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://XBMCLIVE/media/AppleTV/TV Shows/</path>
</source>
<source>
<name>Movies</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://XBMCLIVE/media/AppleTV/Movies/</path>
</source>
<source>
<name>HD Movies</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://XBMCLIVE/media/AppleTV/HD Movies/</path>
</source>
<source>
<name>Music DVDs</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://XBMCLIVE/media/AppleTV/Music DVDs/</path>
</source>
<source>
<name>Localmovies</name>
<path pathversion="1">/Users/frontrow/Movies/Localmovies/</path>
</source>
</video>
</sources>
is .iso support supported in latest nightly?
Hi guys, really want to try out latest nightly build cause i need hardware acceleration, followed the guides and other forum posts but it seems like i can't solve it by myself after all Smile

I installed xbmc on my iPad from cydia, everything works fine except hi-res mkvs which are slow. So i downloaded latest_atv2.deb and got this:

Code:
iPad:/private/var/mobile/Movies/temp root# dpkg -i latest_atv2.deb
Selecting previously deselected package org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2.
(Reading database ... 4332 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 (from latest_atv2.deb) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2:
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 depends on org.awkwardtv.whitelist; however:
  Package org.awkwardtv.whitelist is not installed.
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 depends on org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock; however:
  Package org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock is not installed.
dpkg: error processing org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2

Ok, so i added 2 repos (http://apt.awkwardtv.org/ stable main and http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/atv2 ./) and installed seatbeltunlock fine but can't install whitelist:

Code:
iPad:/private/var/mobile/Movies/temp root# apt-get install org.awkwardtv.whitelist
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting beigelist instead of org.awkwardtv.whitelist
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  beigelist
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/2900B of archives.
After this operation, 16.4kB of additional disk space will be used.
(Reading database ... 4359 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking beigelist (from .../beigelist_1.0-1_iphoneos-arm.deb) ...
launchctl: Couldn't stat("/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.frontrow.plist"): No such file or directory
nothing found to unload
launchctl: Couldn't stat("/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.frontrow.plist"): No such file or directory
nothing found to load
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/beigelist_1.0-1_iphoneos-arm.deb (--unpack):
subprocess extra-installation script returned error exit status 1
/var/cache/apt/archives/beigelist_1.0-1_iphoneos-arm.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

So it looks like i'm missing some daemon? Do you know where i can get it? My google skills failed me.
Uruloki Wrote:Hi guys, really want to try out latest nightly build cause i need hardware acceleration, followed the guides and other forum posts but it seems like i can't solve it by myself after all Smile

I installed xbmc on my iPad from cydia, everything works fine except hi-res mkvs which are slow. So i downloaded latest_atv2.deb and got this:

Code:
iPad:/private/var/mobile/Movies/temp root# dpkg -i latest_atv2.deb
Selecting previously deselected package org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2.
(Reading database ... 4332 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 (from latest_atv2.deb) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2:
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 depends on org.awkwardtv.whitelist; however:
  Package org.awkwardtv.whitelist is not installed.
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 depends on org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock; however:
  Package org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock is not installed.
dpkg: error processing org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
So it looks like i'm missing some daemon? Do you know where i can get it? My google skills failed me.

Dude, you need to install latest_ios.deb IPad is not AppleTV Smile
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[old] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues (here for archival purposes)2